4384Re: Zenith sewing machine- freearm

  • yufatting
    Nov 3, 2011
      i have seen a few of those Zeniths like yours come up on eBay but not very often. If you decide to buy it, make sure it is intact and all its parts are there.

      i have been keeping an eye open for Zenith as i have a very strange mystery machine that is badged Zenith, brown crinkle paint and looks like a cast iron version of a Featherweight in size and shape. The needle throat plate is circular and about 6 inches in diameter, and it is a shuttle, not a rotary...has a Good Housekeeping motor on it.

      i suspect it is from the early to mid '30's. I have found only one other machine on the net with the circular throat plate, and it was badged for Montgomery Wards. It's a puzzler. - Dana

      --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "slimmingsusan" <susanmountain@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have collected quite a few japenese machines up to now, and found a locally for sale one that is called Zenith, bronze gold colour that happens to be free arm, with a seperate sewing table to attach to it- quite unique would you say?
      >
      > Anyway the casting is JA 36- does anybody know who made these, and what era?
      >
      > Sue

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic