4366Re: Zenith sewing machine- freearm

  • slimmingsusan
    Oct 28, 2011
      I posted a photo of this machine, and eventually went to look at it, it was for sale. It looked in really good condition- no marks etc, but the motor screamed, aand there were no spool pins for me to try to sew on the machine. the 'R' button shaked when I stepped on the food pedal- the room is was shown in had very bad lighting, and of course the woman selling it know nothing about sewing machines. i left without buying it. spool pin replacement should be easy? But what about the screaming motor, and juddery R button?

      Sue

      --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey" <jpmotis@...> wrote:

      > Pictures help. Adler put out a Belvedere with a J-A 36 number on it. So far an origin compay hasn't been identified. Riccar and Koyo put out a lot of badged free arms of the type your talking about. Another clue to look at is the bobbin winder. Some where in the late 60's to early 70's most companies moved from the front bobbin winder to the top winder.
      >
      > Jeff
      >
      > --- In vintagejapansewingmachines@yahoogroups.com, "slimmingsusan" <susanmountain@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I have collected quite a few japenese machines up to now, and found a locally for sale one that is called Zenith, bronze gold colour that happens to be free arm, with a seperate sewing table to attach to it- quite unique would you say?
      > >
      > > Anyway the casting is JA 36- does anybody know who made these, and what era?
      > >
      > > Sue

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic