Wings

  • lisa_shelly_49548
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1 6:19 AM
      I live in Michigan, and have belonged to this group for about 1 1/2
      yrs.
      I rescued what I belive to be a 13 footer, 1963?, around the time I
      joined. She had 16 hatchet holes in the top, had been left for dead,
      and of course had no wings. I stripped & patched, and painted.. Well
      this weekend was spent looking for a trailer for my friend to buy,
      and guess what I found. A winged wonder, sitting pretty as can be.
      Though the owners, a very nice older couple, did not want to sell the
      little trailer, "gave" me the wings. How nice. I told them I would
      swing by there cottage this summer, and show them my little toaster.
      It was a bounus to my already happy Easter.
      So to you all that are still in search of your wings, good luck, and
      I will continue to keep my eyes open for you. They "are" out there.
      Lisa
    • dejamooooo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1 9:22 AM
        That is incredible..! What a Easter Blessing...!

        As to my endless search for wings (to sell) a recent trip thru WV, VA, SC, NC
        and GA showed no trailers in the salvage yards. Deal is that they are
        dismantled and frame is used for carts. Didn't see any Shastas along the
        road for sale, ones I did see the owners were quite attatched. Saw about 6
        shastas... only one with wings.

        Luv this posting from email stuff...!!!!!

        Randy
      • cmswan2001
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1 8:10 PM
          The last vintage Shasta I saw for sale was wingless, sitting in a
          used car lot near Spring Green, WI (not too far from Wisconsin Dells)
          last summer. I wasn't in the market for one at the time so I didn't
          copy down the phone #. There was another wingless one in the back lot
          of an RV dealer in Green Bay last spring. By the time I got over
          there to look at it... maybe take a few pictures for reference... it
          was gone. Otherwise, I've seen a couple of wrecks for sale in
          people's yards way up north. Too far gone to restore. One actually
          still had wings! The guy wanted $800 for it. I still wonder what he
          was smoking... ;)
          If I see any around here for sale I'll be sure to post it here.

          -Chris

          --- In vintage-shasta@y..., dejamooooo@a... wrote:
          > That is incredible..! What a Easter Blessing...!
          >
          > As to my endless search for wings (to sell) a recent trip thru WV,
          VA, SC, NC
          > and GA showed no trailers in the salvage yards. Deal is that they
          are
          > dismantled and frame is used for carts. Didn't see any Shastas
          along the
          > road for sale, ones I did see the owners were quite attatched. Saw
          about 6
          > shastas... only one with wings.
          >
          > Luv this posting from email stuff...!!!!!
          >
          > Randy
        • marshea.moore
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2010
            I have a 1967 Shasta Airflyte that's missing her wings. Can nyone share the correct widith and length for the wings so I can have them made? Thanks. Marshea in Richmond, Virginia.
          • Donna K.
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2010
              http://kc8jwa.webs.com/classicshastas.htm

              ________________________________
              I have a 1967 Shasta Airflyte that's missing her wings. Can nyone share the correct widith and length for the wings so I can have them made? Thanks. Marshea in Richmond, Virginia.

            • dargoile
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 1, 2010
                A good place to find missing Shasta parts is on eBay. I found the glass globe for the lamp over the stove and a better looking metal shasta logo for the side. I have a model 1500 shasta year 1969. Nice little trailer. On one of the vintage shasta sites they have listed all the dimensions of the wings etc.

                --- In vintage-shasta-annex@yahoogroups.com, "Donna K." <ada_gracie2005@...> wrote:

                > http://kc8jwa.webs.com/classicshastas.htm

              • Rob Houston
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 4, 2010
                  WE ARE WANTING TO SELL OUR 1965 SHASTA ALL REDONE.