Re: [vintage-and-warbirds] Queries from recent trip to Vic & NSW.

  • richard winterburn
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2009
      hi paul did you check out my museum at arnold 46 kls west of bendigo  if not you can go to my website at  www.arnoldaircraftmuseum.com   yours dick winterburn.

      --- On Fri, 31/7/09, Paul Daw <contrail@...> wrote:

      From: Paul Daw <contrail@...>
      Subject: [vintage-and-warbirds] Queries from recent trip to Vic & NSW.
      To: oz-spotters@yahoogroups.com, vintage-and-warbirds@yahoogroups.com

      Hi Folks,

      My brother and I spent 10 days in Vic & NSW recently chasing aviation
      museums and whatever else we tripped over. Sadly we had limited time and a
      basic trip schedule to meet. From our list of 1215 aircraft logged (and
      about 700 photographed) we are unable to tie up a definite registration or
      military serial number for the following list. Any help much appreciated.

      19 July - Ballarat Aviation Museum - appeared to be an Alpha Jet or similar
      in pseudo RAAF markings

      21 July - Dandenong RSL - Huey marked as 73-21763 on one side and A2-767 on
      the other. We know the A2-767 is bogus but can someone confirm the correct
      U.S. serial?

      22 July - Latrobe Valley airfield - I.D. of Bell 412 based and I.D. of
      Cessna 182 wreck in storage hangar adjacent to the maintenance hangar.

      24 July - Nowra fire dump - Sea Sprite serial?

      24 July - Nowra - Fleet Air Arm Museum - Serial no. of the Shelduck drone?

      24 July - Albion Park (Wollongong) - I.D. of P-166 next to the fence up the
      northern part of the airfield.

      24 July - Albion Park - at HARS - I.D. of Beaufighter in restoration area,
      Huey Cobra serial in maintenance hangar(other machine is 0-22592), P-47 in
      restoration hangar (other one is 42-27608), Schneider Grunau Baby glider
      next to the shop and stored T-28 marked '402' supposedly owned by Gordon
      Glynn.

      25 July - Bankstown - a lightie marked as VH-ITK. Perhaps wrongly recorded.
      In a hangar next to Hawker Pacific was a Jetstream with '975' above the
      cockpit windscreen and an AS-350B Squirrel of the Singapore Army.

      25 July - Bankstown - at the museum - 2 P-166s (one might be VH-GOB), a
      Nomad nose section (white with blue stripes) and a Nomad fuselage minus rear
      section painted in Army colours minus wings; and a PL-12 Airtruk inside.

      26 July - Camden - a Yak 52 marked "Krakow Aero club" and a T-6 marked
      TA-203.

      27 July - Loch Lea just north of Canberra on the Yass road - a Cessna 172
      and a Cessna 182.

      27 July - Narrandera - in town is a museum/memorial with Tiger Moth A17-443.
      Did this Tiger ever carry VH- marks?

      Any help with the above will be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Paul
      (the good looking Daw brother)

    • Paul Daw
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
        G'day Richard,

        Thanks for your email about the collection. I'm sorry to say I didn't know
        about it and would certainly have included you on my itinerary! However,
        once the weather improves I'll drive over from Adelaide for a visit. I'm
        particularly interested in your F-28 as I used to fly these years ago. I'm
        also intrigued where DC-3 nose section of VH-TAK came from. The rest pretty
        much I can work out.

        Cheers,

        Paul

        JxYnNzaGYxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzExNTg3NjMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1NjE4BG1zZ0
        lkAzg4MDEEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTI0OTMzNDI5Mw--> Re: Queries from
        recent trip to Vic & NSW.

        Posted by: "richard winterburn"
        <mailto:richardwinterburn@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20Queries%20from%20r
        ecent%20trip%20to%20Vic%20%26%20NSW%2E> richardwinterburn@...
        <http://profiles.yahoo.com/richardwinterburn> richardwinterburn

        Sun Aug 2, 2009 10:01 pm (PDT)

        hi paul did you check out my museum at arnold 46 kls west of bendigo if not
        you can go to my website at www.arnoldaircraftmuseum.com yours dick
        winterburn.

        --- On Fri, 31/7/09, Paul Daw < <mailto:contrail%40ozemail.com.au>

        From: Paul Daw < <mailto:contrail%40ozemail.com.au> contrail@...>
        To: <mailto:oz-spotters%40yahoogroups.com> oz-spotters@yahoogroups.com,
        <mailto:vintage-and-warbirds%40yahoogroups.com>
        vintage-and-warbirds@yahoogroups.com

        17:56:00

      • Santo Frans
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
          Hi Paul, intresting to know you have f28 hours ,i spent several years flying those 1000 and the 4000 types they were MK if im not wrong.
          i m still active doin asia austr route mostly perth.

          cheers, Frans

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vintage- and-warbirds/ message/8801; _ylc=X3oDMT

          <mailto:richardwinterburn@ yahoo.com. au?Subject=%20Re% 3A%20Queries% 20from%20r
          ecent%20trip% 20to%20Vic% 20%26%20NSW% 2E> richardwinterburn@ yahoo.com. au