":botright split" create window with invalid size when there is only a few spaces.

  • Yukihiro Nakadaira
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2014
      ":botright split" create window with invalid size when there is only a few spaces.

      Steps to reproduce:

        $ vim -u NONE -N
        :vsplit
        :while 1 | split | endwhile
        :quit
        :botright split
        :echo winheight(0)
        11                    (actual height is 2 or 3)
        o<CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR>....   (editing buffer may cause crash)
        Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV

        It is same with ":botright vsplit"

        $ vim -u NONE -N
        :split
        :while 1 | vsplit | endwhile
        :quit
        :botright vsplit
        :echo winheight(0)
        40                    (actual width is 2 or 3)

      Please check the attached patch.

    • Yukihiro Nakadaira
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15, 2014
        On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 11:56 PM, Yukihiro Nakadaira <yukihiro.nakadaira@...> wrote:
        ":botright split" create window with invalid size when there is only a few spaces.

        Steps to reproduce:

          $ vim -u NONE -N
          :vsplit
          :while 1 | split | endwhile
          :quit
          :botright split
          :echo winheight(0)
          11                    (actual height is 2 or 3)
          o<CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR>....   (editing buffer may cause crash)
          Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV

          It is same with ":botright vsplit"

          $ vim -u NONE -N
          :split
          :while 1 | vsplit | endwhile
          :quit
          :botright vsplit
          :echo winheight(0)
          40                    (actual width is 2 or 3)

        I found another problem that zero width/height current window is created.  hmm...

        $ vim -u NONE -N
        :set noequalalways winminheight=0
        :while 1 | split | endwhile

        $ vim -u NONE -N
        :set noequalalways winminwidth=0
        :while 1 | vsplit | endwhile

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 16, 2014
          Yukihiro Nakadaira wrote:

          > ":botright split" create window with invalid size when there is only a few
          > spaces.
          >
          > Steps to reproduce:
          >
          > $ vim -u NONE -N
          > :vsplit
          > :while 1 | split | endwhile
          > :quit
          > :botright split
          > :echo winheight(0)
          > 11 (actual height is 2 or 3)
          > o<CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR><CR>.... (editing buffer may
          > cause crash)
          > Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
          >
          > It is same with ":botright vsplit"
          >
          > $ vim -u NONE -N
          > :split
          > :while 1 | vsplit | endwhile
          > :quit
          > :botright vsplit
          > :echo winheight(0)
          > 40 (actual width is 2 or 3)
          >
          > Please check the attached patch.

          Thanks for pinpointing the problem and fixing it!

          --
          It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.
          [real standing law in Texas, United States of America]

        • Yukihiro Nakadaira
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 16, 2014
            On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Yukihiro Nakadaira <yukihiro.nakadaira@...> wrote
            I found another problem that zero width/height current window is created.  hmm...

            $ vim -u NONE -N
            :set noequalalways winminheight=0
            :while 1 | split | endwhile

            $ vim -u NONE -N
            :set noequalalways winminwidth=0
            :while 1 | vsplit | endwhile

            I wrote patch for this problem.  This patch contains a few cleaning up
            for previous patch.  Please check the attached patch.