Issue 234 in vim: Relative number update failed after paste or open line above

  • vim@...
      Owner: ----
      Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

      New issue 234 by swanyb...@...: Relative number update failed after
      paste or open line above

      What steps will reproduce the problem?
      1. :set relativenumber
      2. open a new line above with O
      or
      2. yank a line with yy
      3. paste above with P

      What is the expected output? Relative numbers as they usually are.

      What do you see instead? There are two 0's. All numbers below cursor are
      off by one.

      What version of the product are you using?

      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled May 27 2014 21:54:52)
      Included patches: 1-273
      Modified by pkg-vim-maintainers@...
      Compiled by buildd@
      Huge version with GTK2 GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
      +acl +farsi +mouse_netterm +syntax
      +arabic +file_in_path +mouse_sgr +tag_binary
      +autocmd +find_in_path -mouse_sysmouse +tag_old_static
      +balloon_eval +float +mouse_urxvt -tag_any_white
      +browse +folding +mouse_xterm +tcl
      ++builtin_terms -footer +multi_byte +terminfo
      +byte_offset +fork() +multi_lang +termresponse
      +cindent +gettext -mzscheme +textobjects
      +clientserver -hangul_input +netbeans_intg +title
      +clipboard +iconv +path_extra +toolbar
      +cmdline_compl +insert_expand +perl +user_commands
      +cmdline_hist +jumplist +persistent_undo +vertsplit
      +cmdline_info +keymap +postscript +virtualedit
      +comments +langmap +printer +visual
      +conceal +libcall +profile +visualextra
      +cryptv +linebreak +python +viminfo
      +cscope +lispindent -python3 +vreplace
      +cursorbind +listcmds +quickfix +wildignore
      +cursorshape +localmap +reltime +wildmenu
      +dialog_con_gui +lua +rightleft +windows
      +diff +menu +ruby +writebackup
      +digraphs +mksession +scrollbind +X11
      +dnd +modify_fname +signs -xfontset
      -ebcdic +mouse +smartindent +xim
      +emacs_tags +mouseshape -sniff +xsmp_interact
      +eval +mouse_dec +startuptime +xterm_clipboard
      +ex_extra +mouse_gpm +statusline -xterm_save
      +extra_search -mouse_jsbterm -sun_workshop +xpm
      system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
      user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"
      2nd user vimrc file: "~/.vim/vimrc"
      user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"
      system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"
      user gvimrc file: "$HOME/.gvimrc"
      2nd user gvimrc file: "~/.vim/gvimrc"
      fall-back for $VIM: "/usr/share/vim"
      Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_GTK -pthread
      -I/us
      r/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/include
      -I/usr/include/g
      io-unix-2.0/ -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0
      -I/usr/include/atk-
      1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/libdrm
      -I/usr/
      include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/libpng12
      -I/usr/
      include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/include/pango-1.0
      -I/usr/incl
      ude/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include
      -I/usr/include/freet
      ype2 -g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat
      -Werror=fo
      rmat-security -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1
      -I/usr/include/tcl8.6
      -D_REENTRANT=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE=1 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1
      Linking: gcc -L. -Wl,-z,relro
      -L/build/ruby2.1-R1fHdQ/ruby2.1-2.1.2/debian/l
      ib -fstack-protector -rdynamic -Wl,-export-dynamic -Wl,-E -Wl,-z,relro
      -Wl,--
      as-needed -o vim -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -latk-1.0
      -lca
      iro -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0
      -lglib
      -2.0 -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lSM -lICE -lXpm -lXt -lX11 -lXdmcp -lSM -lICE
      -lm -ltinfo -lnsl -lselinux -lacl -lattr -lgpm -ldl -L/usr/lib -llua5.1
      -Wl
      ,-E -fstack-protector -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib/perl/5.18/CORE -lperl
      -ldl
      -lm -lpthread -lcrypt -L/usr/lib/python2.7/config-x86_64-linux-gnu
      -lpython2.
      7 -lpthread -ldl -lutil -lm -Xlinker -export-dynamic -Wl,-O1
      -Wl,-Bsymbolic-fu
      nctions -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -ltcl8.6 -ldl -lz -lpthread -lieee -lm
      -l
      ruby-2.1 -lpthread -lgmp -ldl -lcrypt -lm

      On what operating system? Debian

      issue notifications to this address.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 15, 2014
        Comment #1 on issue 234 by chrisbr...@...: Relative number
        update failed after paste or open line above

        I can't reproduce this. Can you reproduce this with "vim -u NONE -N"?

        issue notifications to this address.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 15, 2014
          Comment #2 on issue 234 by swanyb...@...: Relative number update
          failed after paste or open line above

          Yes. Calling "vim -u NONE -N" produces the same results for me. Did you try
          it with the same patch version or options?

          I installed the vim-nox package for Debian, so I would guess it is specific
          to this package.

          issue notifications to this address.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 15, 2014
            Comment #3 on issue 234 by vega.james@...: Relative number update
            failed after paste or open line above

            I don't carry any patches in the Debian package related to this
            functionality, so it may just be something that's been fixed since 7.4.273.

            issue notifications to this address.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 15, 2014
              Comment #4 on issue 234 by chrisbr...@...: Relative number
              update failed after paste or open line above

              Perhaps 7.4.285 fixed that? Could you try with the latest version of Vim?

              issue notifications to this address.

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2014
                Updates:

                Comment #5 on issue 234 by chrisbr...@...: Relative number
                update failed after paste or open line above
                https://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=234

                issue notifications to this address.