[BUG] Inconsistent number in Invalid operation error messages

  • ZyX
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2014
      Consider the following two operations:

      echo {} > {}
      echo [] > []

      . In first case Vim will report

      E736: Invalid operation for Dictionary

      (singular form). In the second case Vim will report

      E692: Invalid operation for Lists

      (*plural* form).

    • ZyX
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2014
        On Saturday, April 19, 2014 8:16:41 PM UTC+4, ZyX wrote:
        > Consider the following two operations:
        >
        > echo {} > {}
        > echo [] > []
        >
        > . In first case Vim will report
        >
        > E736: Invalid operation for Dictionary
        >
        > (singular form). In the second case Vim will report
        >
        > E692: Invalid operation for Lists
        >
        > (*plural* form).

        One addition: funcref comparisons also use plural form.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 20, 2014
          ZyX wrote:

          > Consider the following two operations:
          >
          > echo {} > {}
          > echo [] > []
          >
          > . In first case Vim will report
          >
          > E736: Invalid operation for Dictionary
          >
          > (singular form). In the second case Vim will report
          >
          > E692: Invalid operation for Lists
          >
          > (*plural* form).

          I'll make a note of that. Not sure what the right message is.

          76. Your ISP regards you as a business partner rather than as a customer.