"7.4" not listed in upload form

  • Jakson Alves de Aquino
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2014
      Hi,

      The form to upload new versions of scripts at www.vim.org doesn't show
      "7.4" as an option of required Vim version; the highest version is
      "7.3". I think that "7.4" should be included in the drop down list.

      Thanks,

      --
      Jakson Aquino

    • Nikolay Pavlov
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 7, 2014

        On Mar 7, 2014 5:16 PM, "Jakson Alves de Aquino" <jalvesaq@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > The form to upload new versions of scripts at www.vim.org doesn't show
        > "7.4" as an option of required Vim version; the highest version is
        > "7.3". I think that "7.4" should be included in the drop down list.

        Vim version string is mostly not filtered on the server side, so as a temporary fix you can just add a userscript/browser plugin that adds it to dropdown list.

        Though I think that 7.4 indeed needs to be included.

        > Thanks,
        >
        > --
        > Jakson Aquino
        >
        > --
        > --
        >
        > ---

      • Jakson Alves de Aquino
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 7, 2014

          On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Nikolay Pavlov <zyx.vim@...> wrote:

          On Mar 7, 2014 5:16 PM, "Jakson Alves de Aquino" <jalvesaq@...> wrote:
          > The form to upload new versions of scripts at www.vim.org doesn't show
          > "7.4" as an option of required Vim version; the highest version is
          > "7.3". I think that "7.4" should be included in the drop down list.

          Vim version string is mostly not filtered on the server side, so as a temporary fix you can just add a userscript/browser plugin that adds it to dropdown list.

          Thanks! This is a good idea and it seems that I can do this with Google Chrome standard developer tools. So it may not be necessary to create an userscript/plugin just for this. Anyway, I'm not going to upload a new version of my script (Vim-R-plugin) right now. I plan to release it only in April.

          --
          Jakson

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 7, 2014
            Jakson Alves de Aquino wrote:

            > On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Nikolay Pavlov <zyx.vim@...> wrote:
            >
            > > On Mar 7, 2014 5:16 PM, "Jakson Alves de Aquino" <jalvesaq@...>
            > > wrote:
            > > > The form to upload new versions of scripts at www.vim.org doesn't show
            > > > "7.4" as an option of required Vim version; the highest version is
            > > > "7.3". I think that "7.4" should be included in the drop down list.
            > >
            > > Vim version string is mostly not filtered on the server side, so as a
            > > temporary fix you can just add a userscript/browser plugin that adds it to
            > > dropdown list.
            > >
            > Thanks! This is a good idea and it seems that I can do this with Google
            > Chrome standard developer tools. So it may not be necessary to create an
            > userscript/plugin just for this. Anyway, I'm not going to upload a new
            > version of my script (Vim-R-plugin) right now. I plan to release it only in
            > April.

            I have added 7.4 to the menu entry.

            --
            Shaw's Principle: Build a system that even a fool can use, and
            only a fool will want to use it.

          • Jakson Alves de Aquino
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 7, 2014

              On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote: