[patch] problem with substitute()

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2013
      Bram,
      there seems to be a problem with substitute¹:

      #v+
      ~$ vim -u NONE -N :echo substitute('-bb', '\zeb', 'a', 'g') -c ':q!'
      -aabab
      Press ENTER or type command to continue
      ~$
      #v-

      That looks wrong. Attach is patch that fixes it.
      ¹)http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19041109

      Mit freundlichen Grüßen
      Christian
      --
      Wo viel Ehrgefühl, da ist viel Ehrgeiz; aber gar nicht umgekehrt.
      -- Jean Paul

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2013
        Christian Brabandt wrote:

        > Bram,
        > there seems to be a problem with substitute¹:
        >
        > #v+
        > ~$ vim -u NONE -N :echo substitute('-bb', '\zeb', 'a', 'g') -c ':q!'
        > -aabab
        > Press ENTER or type command to continue
        > ~$
        > #v-
        >
        > That looks wrong. Attach is patch that fixes it.
        > ¹)http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19041109

        Thanks!

        --
        The psychic said, "God bless you." I said, "I didn't sneeze." She
        looked deep into my eyes and said, "You will, eventually." And, damn