Promoting Newly Made Plug-ins

  • Jacky Alciné
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2013
      Hey, is it a good practice™ to promote your plug-ins in these mailing lists? I
      have one I’ve been working on [1], but I don’t want to spam you guys.

      [1]: http://jalcine.me/weblog/introducing-cmake-for-vim/

      --
      Jacky Alciné - PGP: 201999FC
      http://jalcine.me
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2013
        On 26-Sep-2013 22:16 +0200, Jacky Alciné wrote:

        > Hey, is it a good practice™ to promote your plug-ins in these
        > mailing lists?

        Only if it's relevant to a current discussion; e.g. to show that some
        discussed functionality can / has been implemented in Vimscript
        already. Apart from that, most devs here probably have other means to
        stay on top of new plugins.

        I'd suggest to regularly post plugin updates to vim.org, as its THE
        central registry, and GitHub-only plugins are harder to find. (This
        doesn't apply to you, as you've published on vim.org.)

        > I have one I’ve been working on [1], but I don’t want to spam you
        > guys.

        You just have :-) In any event, vim_use is better suited for these
        announcements, but I'm not sure it's wanted there.

        > [1]: http://jalcine.me/weblog/introducing-cmake-for-vim/

        -- regards, ingo

      • glts
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 27, 2013
          On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM, Jacky Alciné <jackyalcine@...> wrote:
          > Hey, is it a good practice™ to promote your plug-ins in these mailing lists? I
          > have one I’ve been working on [1], but I don’t want to spam you guys.
          >
          > [1]: http://jalcine.me/weblog/introducing-cmake-for-vim/

          vim_dev is for discussing Vim development. This is not the place for
          plugin announcements.

          vim_use is for general Vim discussion, and announcing new plugins or
          important plugin updates there is fairly common, so unless you intend to
          "spam" quite literally, I think you will be welcome there :)

          (I should mention that I don't speak with authority here.)

          Best,