Re: Making vim not spuriously undo lots of changes

  • PaulLeoNerd Evans
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 20 7:23 AM
      On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 07:15:35 -0700 (PDT)
      Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:

      > Are you able to do a loop to build up such mappings as strings
      > to :execute? That would be nicer than individually doing 7*60
      > mappings.

      Not really. I mean, that's what I do right now and it's horrible.

      In practice it might not be quite so bad but that's still a huge number
      of mappings.

      Plus, these things aren't really static strings; they are encodings.
      All these things should mean the same thing

      CSI 65 ; 1 u
      CSI 000065; 00001 u
      CSI 00065;0001;000000;00000235 u
      etc...

      They're a protocol encoding information about a keypress; not simple
      static strings. I'd much prefer that vim's input system could
      -understand- these as being real CSI sequences and pull them apart
      properly, than just store a huge static string database.

      --
      Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

      leonerd@...
      ICQ# 4135350 | Registered Linux# 179460