Re: Making vim not spuriously undo lots of changes

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 20 7:15 AM
      On Friday, September 20, 2013 7:30:49 AM UTC-5, Paul Evans wrote:
      > On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:24:15 +0100
      >
      > Paul "LeoNerd" Evans <leonerd@...> wrote:
      >

      > > However, I believe we can all agree this is unsustainable, as I don't
      >
      > > want to have to store a map and an imap command 7 times for each of
      >
      > > the ~60-odd Unicode keys I could type.
      >

      > > Instead does anyone have a better idea here?
      >

      > Do I take from the relative silence in this thread then that nobody
      >
      > actually has a better idea after all?
      >

      > I may be forced to consider fixing the source, then.

      Are you able to do a loop to build up such mappings as strings to :execute? That would be nicer than individually doing 7*60 mappings.

    • PaulLeoNerd Evans
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 20 7:23 AM
        On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 07:15:35 -0700 (PDT)
        Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:

        > Are you able to do a loop to build up such mappings as strings
        > to :execute? That would be nicer than individually doing 7*60
        > mappings.

        Not really. I mean, that's what I do right now and it's horrible.

        In practice it might not be quite so bad but that's still a huge number
        of mappings.

        Plus, these things aren't really static strings; they are encodings.
        All these things should mean the same thing

        CSI 65 ; 1 u
        CSI 000065; 00001 u
        CSI 00065;0001;000000;00000235 u
        etc...

        They're a protocol encoding information about a keypress; not simple
        static strings. I'd much prefer that vim's input system could
        -understand- these as being real CSI sequences and pull them apart
        properly, than just store a huge static string database.

        --
        Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

        leonerd@...
        ICQ# 4135350 | Registered Linux# 179460