Feature-request: [S]kip File when existing swap-file is found

  • Christ van Willegen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2013
      I've briefly looked into this, but this is buried deep in Vim...

      I would suggest adding an option to the [O]pen Readonly [E]dit anyway
      [R]ecover [Q]uit [A]bort menu, namely:

      [S]kip File

      This would be added if there are more files in the buffer list, and
      would move the buffer cursor to the file after (or before, depending
      on the direction that the user was navigating when the swap file was
      found).

      Christ van Willegen
      --
      09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2013
        Christ van Willegen wrote:

        > I've briefly looked into this, but this is buried deep in Vim...
        >
        > I would suggest adding an option to the [O]pen Readonly [E]dit anyway
        > [R]ecover [Q]uit [A]bort menu, namely:
        >
        > [S]kip File
        >
        > This would be added if there are more files in the buffer list, and
        > would move the buffer cursor to the file after (or before, depending
        > on the direction that the user was navigating when the swap file was
        > found).

        What command are you using when this happens?

        I would think Q should already do this: Quit opening the buffer but
        don't Abort the command.

        218. Your spouse hands you a gift wrapped magnet with your PC's name
        on it and you accuse him or her of genocide.