Re: [patch] sets pydoc as keywordprg in python files

  • James McCoy
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2013
      On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 04:51:48PM +0000, Lorenzo Bercelli wrote:
      > This 3 lines patch sets, if present on the system, pydoc (
      > http://docs.python.org/2/library/pydoc.html ) as the keywordprg in
      > python source files, instead of the default 'man'.

      For what it's worth, Debian has had a similar patch (just setting
      keywordprg without the executable check) applied since 2006. We last
      forwarded it to the script maintainer in 2008 and never got a response.

      Cheers,
      --
      James
      GPG Key: 4096R/331BA3DB 2011-12-05 James McCoy <jamessan@...>

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15, 2013
        Lorenzo Bercelli wrote:

        > This 3 lines patch sets, if present on the system, pydoc (
        > http://docs.python.org/2/library/pydoc.html ) as the keywordprg in
        > python source files, instead of the default 'man'.

        Looks useful. Did you send this to the maintainer?

        Finding pydoc is not quick. Vim has to look through $PATH, which means
        file system operations. It would be useful to cache the result, thus
        only do this the first time a Python file is opened.

        215. Your mouse-clicking forearm rivals Popeye's.