Re: Issue with popup menu: first item becomes unselected

  • Dmitry Frank
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 11, 2013
      So, is this issue fixed now? If yes, then which patch should fix it?

      2013/9/5 Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...>

      Christian Brabandt wrote:

      > On Di, 03 Sep 2013, Ken Takata wrote:
      >
      > > 2013/09/04 Wed 11:04:38 UTC+9 Shougo wrote:
      > > > I think this problem is caused by Vim 7.3.1269.
      > > >
      > > > http://code.google.com/p/vim/source/detail?r=350239b0e9eb063d9f84dfa4bc7a2b47d78e9afb#
      > >
      > > The patch 7.3.1269 came from the following thread:
      > >   Wrong completion entry selection after backspace
      > >   https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vim_dev/AcTTNQzfB2o/discussion
      > > In this thread, Christian Brabandt sent two patches, and the first patch
      > > has this problem. The second patch didn't have such problem and it was merged
      > > as the patch 7.3.854. But four months later, the first patch was merged as
      > > the patch 7.3.1269! I think 7.3.1269 should be reverted.
      > > What do you think, Christian?
      >
      > Indeed, looks like patch 1269 can be successfully reverted, since
      > 7.3.854 fixes the reported problem correctly.

      OK, let's do that then.  Keep an eye out for anything else going wrong
      in this area, the code is very complex.

      --
      In Joseph Heller's novel "Catch-22", the main character tries to get out of a
      war by proving he is crazy.  But the mere fact he wants to get out of the war

       /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
      ///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
      \\\  an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org        ///
       \\\            help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org    ///

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 11, 2013
        On Wed, September 11, 2013 14:07, Dmitry Frank wrote:
        > So, is this issue fixed now? If yes, then which patch should fix it?

        7.4.018

        regards,
        Christian

      • Dmitry Frank