Clojure runtime files update

  • guns
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 7, 2013
      Hello,

      The Clojure runtime files have been updated. Please include the attached
      changes at your convenience.

      Changes since the last release include:

      * Comprehensive syntax support for regular expression literals,
      contributed by Joel Holdbrooks
      * Syntax improvements with a regression test suite
      * Support for Clojure 1.5.1

      Development history is available at:

      https://github.com/guns/vim-clojure-static

      Thank you,

      Sung Pae
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 8, 2013
        Sung Pae wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > The Clojure runtime files have been updated. Please include the attached
        > changes at your convenience.
        >
        > Changes since the last release include:
        >
        > * Comprehensive syntax support for regular expression literals,
        > contributed by Joel Holdbrooks
        > * Syntax improvements with a regression test suite
        > * Support for Clojure 1.5.1
        >
        > Development history is available at:
        >
        > https://github.com/guns/vim-clojure-static

        Can you please make the syntax file use a tabstop of 8? That is
        standard for all runtime files.

        185. You order fast food over the Internet

      • guns
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 8, 2013
          On Sun 8 Sep 2013 at 03:41:07PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > Sung Pae wrote:
          >
          > > The Clojure runtime files have been updated. Please include the
          > > attached changes at your convenience.
          >
          > Can you please make the syntax file use a tabstop of 8? That is
          > standard for all runtime files.

          Yes, gladly. For good measure all runtime files are now

          " vim:sts=8:sw=8:ts=8:noet

          and have been edited to use literal tabs.

          Thank you,

          Sung Pae
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 9, 2013
            Sung Pae wrote:

            > On Sun 8 Sep 2013 at 03:41:07PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            >
            > > Sung Pae wrote:
            > >
            > > > The Clojure runtime files have been updated. Please include the
            > > > attached changes at your convenience.
            > >
            > > Can you please make the syntax file use a tabstop of 8? That is
            > > standard for all runtime files.
            >
            > Yes, gladly. For good measure all runtime files are now
            >
            > " vim:sts=8:sw=8:ts=8:noet
            >
            > and have been edited to use literal tabs.

            Thanks!

            194. Your business cards contain your e-mail and home page address.

          • guns
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 17, 2013
              Hello Bram,

              The Clojure runtime files have been updated with the following changes:

              - A new indent option was added for compatibility with Emacs
              - \. within regular expressions are no longer highlighted as
              a predefined character class
              - Spellcheck is now done within strings when enabled (Tim Chagnon)

              Please include these changes at your convenience. Note that this patch
              does _not_ include the ftplugin changes discussed a few months ago, as
              that issue is still up for debate.

              Thank you,
              Sung Pae
            • glts
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 17, 2013
                On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM, guns <self@...> wrote:
                > The Clojure runtime files have been updated with the following changes:
                >
                > - A new indent option was added for compatibility with Emacs
                > - \. within regular expressions are no longer highlighted as
                > a predefined character class
                > - Spellcheck is now done within strings when enabled (Tim Chagnon)
                >
                > Please include these changes at your convenience.

                Thank you!

                > Note that this patch
                > does _not_ include the ftplugin changes discussed a few months ago, as
                > that issue is still up for debate.

                I suppose you're referring to the discussion regarding 'formatoptions'?

                https://groups.google.com/d/msg/vim_dev/EKDS1PP4rPo/ifLO6FFNqe4J

                A few ftplugins have already implemented this change, check the
                Mercurial log for ftplugin/{fortran,j,lisp,scheme}.vim.

                I did myself make the change in the J ftplugin because I interpreted
                Bram's last message in that thread to signal agreement. At least I can't
                see any disagreement, but of course I may just have misunderstood.

                Best,

                --
                David

              • guns
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 19, 2013
                  On Tue 17 Dec 2013 at 10:50:33PM +0100, glts wrote:

                  > > Note that this does _not_ include the ftplugin changes discussed a
                  > > few months ago, as that issue is still up for debate.
                  >
                  > I suppose you're referring to the discussion regarding 'formatoptions'?
                  >
                  > https://groups.google.com/d/msg/vim_dev/EKDS1PP4rPo/ifLO6FFNqe4J
                  >
                  > A few ftplugins have already implemented this change, check the
                  > Mercurial log for ftplugin/{fortran,j,lisp,scheme}.vim.

                  Ah, I did miss this development. Bram withheld applying my original
                  patch and added this to the todo list:

                  Update for Clojure ftplugin. (Sung Pae). Await discussion about
                  formatting in ftplugins.

                  If other ftplugins have applied this change (esp. lisp and scheme), then
                  I think it makes sense for Clojure to follow suit.

                  Bram, I have attached a new patch for removing the extra formatoptions
                  from ftplugin/clojure.vim. Unless you have any objections, please apply
                  this patch as well as the first (also attached to this mail) and remove
                  the relevant entry from the todo list.

                  Thank you kindly,

                  Sung Pae
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 5, 2014
                    Sung Pae wrote:

                    > The Clojure runtime files have been updated with the following changes:
                    >
                    > - A new indent option was added for compatibility with Emacs
                    > - \. within regular expressions are no longer highlighted as
                    > a predefined character class
                    > - Spellcheck is now done within strings when enabled (Tim Chagnon)
                    >
                    > Please include these changes at your convenience. Note that this patch
                    > does _not_ include the ftplugin changes discussed a few months ago, as
                    > that issue is still up for debate.

                    Thanks, I'll include the patch.

                    95. Only communication in your household is through email.

                  • guns
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 27, 2014
                      Hello Bram,

                      The Clojure runtime files have been updated to support the new Clojure
                      language version, 1.6.0. Please include them at your leisure.

                      This patch removes `formatoptions+=croql` from the ftplugin script,
                      following the lead of the Lisp, Scheme, J, and Fortran filetypes. I have
                      therefore taken the liberty of removing the following todo item:

                      Update for Clojure ftplugin. (Sung Pae). Await discussion about
                      formatting in ftplugins.

                      I apologize if this is forward of me; I'm not aware of the protocol WRT
                      patching the todo list.

                      Finally, please ignore all previous patches for the Clojure files that
                      you may have on hold (I believe the patch mentioned in the todo is the
                      only one, but I am not sure) as this patch synchronizes all differences
                      between the vim-clojure-static¹ project and Vim.

                      Thank you for your continued work on our favorite text editor!

                      Sung Pae

                      ¹ https://github.com/guns/vim-clojure-static
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 27, 2014
                        Sung Pae wrote:

                        > Hello Bram,
                        >
                        > The Clojure runtime files have been updated to support the new Clojure
                        > language version, 1.6.0. Please include them at your leisure.
                        >
                        > This patch removes `formatoptions+=3Dcroql` from the ftplugin script,
                        > following the lead of the Lisp, Scheme, J, and Fortran filetypes. I have
                        > therefore taken the liberty of removing the following todo item:
                        >
                        > Update for Clojure ftplugin. (Sung Pae). Await discussion about
                        > formatting in ftplugins.
                        >
                        > I apologize if this is forward of me; I'm not aware of the protocol WRT
                        > patching the todo list.
                        >
                        > Finally, please ignore all previous patches for the Clojure files that
                        > you may have on hold (I believe the patch mentioned in the todo is the
                        > only one, but I am not sure) as this patch synchronizes all differences
                        > between the vim-clojure-static=C2=B9 project and Vim.
                        >
                        > Thank you for your continued work on our favorite text editor!

                        Thanks for the update. Looks fine to me, I'll include it.

                        --
                        For society, it's probably a good thing that engineers value function over
                        appearance. For example, you wouldn't want engineers to build nuclear power

                      • Christian Brabandt
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 27, 2014
                          Hi Bram!

                          On Do, 27 Mär 2014, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                          > Thanks for the update. Looks fine to me, I'll include it.

                          BTW: This:
                          :noswap[file] {command} *:nos* *:noswapfile*

                          Should be
                          :nos[wapfile] {command} *:nos* *:noswapfile*

                          Best,
                          Christian
                          --
                          Wie man sein Kind nicht nennen sollte:
                          Don R. Wetter

                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 27, 2014
                            Christian Brabandt hijacked a thread and wrote:

                            > On Do, 27 Mär 2014, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
                            >
                            > > Thanks for the update. Looks fine to me, I'll include it.
                            >
                            > BTW: This:
                            > :noswap[file] {command} *:nos* *:noswapfile*
                            >
                            > Should be
                            > :nos[wapfile] {command} *:nos* *:noswapfile*

                            Thanks.

                            --
                            EXPERIENCE - experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to
                            recognise a mistake when you make it again.