Some changes to syntax/vhdl.vim

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2013
      Dear all,

      I tried emailing the maintainer (Olivier.Sirol <at> lip6.fr) for the attached file, but my email got bounced.

      Here's an excerpt of the email I sent to him:
      I made some changes to vhdl.vim, to support the latest VHDL-2008. Hope you will consider including these changes in the next release of Vim. :)

      Some changes (as far as I can remember):
      - Added VHDL-2008 block commenting.
      - Added new keywords for VHDL-2008 (this standard supports embedding PSL, so there are PSL keywords too).
      - Commented out non-standard keywords (e.g. qsim_state_vector, etc.).
      - Commented out non-standard literals (e.g. S0S S1S SXS, etc.).
      - Changed the HiLinks to show literals as Numbers instead of String (e.g. Boolean, and VHDL vectors are shown as Numbers instead of String).

      For non-standard features that are vendor-specific, I've commented them out, because I believe we should follow the standardised features instead of adding non-standard material. :)
      Users can still add back any vendor-specific keywords etc. that they wish to include.

      I'm not sure if I included everything, so you can of course do a "diff" to see all the (other) changes I made, if any. I may have missed a few from this list.

      Daniel

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2013
        Daniel Kho wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > I tried emailing the maintainer (Olivier.Sirol <at> lip6.fr) for the attached file, but my email got bounced.
        >
        > Here's an excerpt of the email I sent to him:
        > I made some changes to vhdl.vim, to support the latest VHDL-2008. Hope you will consider including these changes in the next release of Vim. :)
        >
        > Some changes (as far as I can remember):
        > - Added VHDL-2008 block commenting.
        > - Added new keywords for VHDL-2008 (this standard supports embedding PSL, so there are PSL keywords too).
        > - Commented out non-standard keywords (e.g. qsim_state_vector, etc.).
        > - Commented out non-standard literals (e.g. S0S S1S SXS, etc.).
        > - Changed the HiLinks to show literals as Numbers instead of String (e.g. Boolean, and VHDL vectors are shown as Numbers instead of String).
        >
        > For non-standard features that are vendor-specific, I've commented them out, because I believe we should follow the standardised features instead of adding non-standard material. :)
        > Users can still add back any vendor-specific keywords etc. that they wish to include.
        >
        > I'm not sure if I included everything, so you can of course do a "diff" to see all the (other) changes I made, if any. I may have missed a few from this list.

        I have not heard from Olivier Sirol for more than ten years.
        Would you like to take over maintenance?
        If so, please adjust the header. Move Olivier to "previous maintainer".

        --
        A bad peace is better than a good war. - Yiddish Proverb

      • Daniel Kho
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2013
          On Sunday, 8 September 2013 21:41:06 UTC+8, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > Daniel Kho wrote:
          >

          > > Dear all,
          >

          > > I tried emailing the maintainer (Olivier.Sirol <at> lip6.fr) for the attached file, but my email got bounced.
          >

          > > Here's an excerpt of the email I sent to him:
          >
          > > ###########################################################
          >
          > > I made some changes to vhdl.vim, to support the latest VHDL-2008. Hope you will consider including these changes in the next release of Vim. :)
          >

          > > Some changes (as far as I can remember):
          >
          > > - Added VHDL-2008 block commenting.
          >
          > > - Added new keywords for VHDL-2008 (this standard supports embedding PSL, so there are PSL keywords too).
          >
          > > - Commented out non-standard keywords (e.g. qsim_state_vector, etc.).
          >
          > > - Commented out non-standard literals (e.g. S0S S1S SXS, etc.).
          >
          > > - Changed the HiLinks to show literals as Numbers instead of String (e.g. Boolean, and VHDL vectors are shown as Numbers instead of String).
          >

          > > For non-standard features that are vendor-specific, I've commented them out, because I believe we should follow the standardised features instead of adding non-standard material. :)
          >
          > > Users can still add back any vendor-specific keywords etc. that they wish to include.
          >

          > > I'm not sure if I included everything, so you can of course do a "diff" to see all the (other) changes I made, if any. I may have missed a few from this list.
          >

          > I have not heard from Olivier Sirol for more than ten years.
          >
          > Would you like to take over maintenance?
          >
          > If so, please adjust the header. Move Olivier to "previous maintainer".
          >

          > --
          >
          > A bad peace is better than a good war. - Yiddish Proverb

          Hi Bram,
          Sure, I'd be happy to take over maintenance. I've attached the file with the requested changes.

          regards, daniel

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2013
            Daniel Kho wrote:

            > > I have not heard from Olivier Sirol for more than ten years.
            > > Would you like to take over maintenance?
            > > If so, please adjust the header. Move Olivier to "previous maintainer".
            >
            > Hi Bram,
            > Sure, I'd be happy to take over maintenance. I've attached the file
            > with the requested changes.

            Thanks!

            --
            Some of the well known MS-Windows errors:
            ESLEEP Operator fell asleep

          • Daniel Kho
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 23, 2013
              Hi Bram,
              How do I be a maintainer / committer to this project? Is there a repo which I can commit the changes to, or do I just wait for you (or someone) to make all the commits?

              regards, daniel