Re: A multiline regex pattern problem.

  • John Little
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2013
      I see this, with re=0 and re=1, and -u NONE. It doesn't matter what's on the third line; with the text

      alpha bravo
      alpha bravo
      charlie delta

      and using

      /\v(^.+\n)\1/e

      the cursor moves to the l of delta.

      This is a regression not present in my vim 7.3.547

      Regards, John Little

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2013
        John Little wrote:

        > I see this, with re=0 and re=1, and -u NONE. It doesn't matter what's
        > on the third line; with the text
        >
        > alpha bravo
        > alpha bravo
        > charlie delta
        >
        > and using

        > the cursor moves to the l of delta.
        >
        > This is a regression not present in my vim 7.3.547

        Thanks for the example. Also, if the second line has more text it is
        still matched, as if the \n is not part of the \1.

        --
        If Apple would build a car...
        ... it would be powered by the sun, be reliable, five times