A multiline regex pattern problem.

  • Bohr Shaw
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2013
      The pattern
      \v(^.+\n)\1
      matches three lines when applying to the text:
      dog dog
      dog dog
      dog dog
      dog dog
      dog

    • John Little
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2013
        I see this, with re=0 and re=1, and -u NONE. It doesn't matter what's on the third line; with the text

        alpha bravo
        alpha bravo
        charlie delta

        and using

        /\v(^.+\n)\1/e

        the cursor moves to the l of delta.

        This is a regression not present in my vim 7.3.547

        Regards, John Little

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2013
          John Little wrote:

          > I see this, with re=0 and re=1, and -u NONE. It doesn't matter what's
          > on the third line; with the text
          >
          > alpha bravo
          > alpha bravo
          > charlie delta
          >
          > and using

          > the cursor moves to the l of delta.
          >
          > This is a regression not present in my vim 7.3.547

          Thanks for the example. Also, if the second line has more text it is
          still matched, as if the \n is not part of the \1.

          --
          If Apple would build a car...
          ... it would be powered by the sun, be reliable, five times