Re: :e foo:bar makes broken swap file foo:.bar.swp. and doesn't removed.

  • mattn
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 4, 2013
      I updated patch

      https://gist.github.com/mattn/6444548

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 5, 2013
        Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

        > I updated patch
        >
        > https://gist.github.com/mattn/6444548

        About this part:

        +#ifdef WIN3264
        + if (buf->b_fname != NULL && !mch_isFullName(buf->b_fname))
        + {
        + char *t;
        + buf_fname = (char *)vim_strsave(buf->b_fname);
        + for (t = gettail(buf_fname); *t != NUL; mb_ptr_adv(t))
        + if (*t == ':')
        + *t = '%';
        + }
        +
        +#endif

        It would be better to only make a copy of the file name when needed,
        thus first check if there is a colon. That avoids the copy in most
        cases.

        --
        "Hit any key to continue" is a lie.

      • mattn
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 9, 2013
          On Thursday, September 5, 2013 7:06:52 PM UTC+9, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > It would be better to only make a copy of the file name when needed,
          > thus first check if there is a colon. That avoids the copy in most
          > cases.

          Thanks for your review.
          I updated patch:

          https://gist.github.com/mattn/6444548

          I found another problem that couldn't treat UNC paths with my patch. The patch contains fixes of it.

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 9, 2013
            Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

            > On Thursday, September 5, 2013 7:06:52 PM UTC+9, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            > > It would be better to only make a copy of the file name when needed,
            > > thus first check if there is a colon. That avoids the copy in most
            > > cases.
            >
            > Thanks for your review.
            > I updated patch:
            >
            > https://gist.github.com/mattn/6444548
            >
            > I found another problem that couldn't treat UNC paths with my patch.
            > The patch contains fixes of it.

            Thanks, it's in the todo list.

            195. Your cat has its own home page.