problem with spellsuggest on vim 7.4.5

  • Cesar Romani
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2013
      spellsuggest with 'set sps:file:{filename}' doesn't work.
      I'm using vim 7.4.5 on windows 7.
      I created a file, say sps.txt, and put there the following lines:

      Enantes/Antes
      chaofa/chaufa
      aser/hacer
      kion/kión
      sutra/sūtra

      Suppose I have a file, say test.txt, with the following line:

      Enantes pude aser un chaofa con kion y luego leí un sutra

      I do ':set spell spl=es' and ':set sps=file:sps.txt'

      If I go under the word 'Enantes' or 'aser' and do 'z=' I get the
      suggestions from sps.txt.
      But if I go under the word 'chaofa' or 'kion' or 'sutra' and do 'z='
      I get:
      Sorry, no suggestions

      Many thanks in advance,

      --
      Cesar

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2013
        Cesar Romani wrote:

        > spellsuggest with 'set sps:file:{filename}' doesn't work.
        > I'm using vim 7.4.5 on windows 7.
        > I created a file, say sps.txt, and put there the following lines:
        >
        > Enantes/Antes
        > chaofa/chaufa
        > aser/hacer
        > kion/kión
        > sutra/sūtra
        >
        > Suppose I have a file, say test.txt, with the following line:
        >
        > Enantes pude aser un chaofa con kion y luego leí un sutra
        >
        > I do ':set spell spl=es' and ':set sps=file:sps.txt'
        >
        > If I go under the word 'Enantes' or 'aser' and do 'z=' I get the
        > suggestions from sps.txt.
        > But if I go under the word 'chaofa' or 'kion' or 'sutra' and do 'z='
        > I get:
        > Sorry, no suggestions

        I can reproduce it. Strange.

        --
        A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are lost.