GVim window width being increased when running ":vnew X | close"

  • glts
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2013
      When I run the following two commands in my GVim 7.4 on Ubuntu 12.04
      (Gnome), the net size of the GVim window doesn't change.

      :vnew __OpenClose__
      :close

      But when I wrap them in a function,

      function! OpenClose()
      vnew __OpenClose__
      close
      endfunction

      or run them in a single line,

      :vnew __OpenClose__ | close

      the GVim window width often increases by one column.

      What's most strange to me is that the behaviour doesn't appear to be
      deterministic. The window width often increases by one column, but
      sometimes it doesn't. I'm seeing the same results on my own fully
      configured GVim, and in a pristine "-Nu NONE -U NONE" GVim.

      Can anybody reproduce this?

      Best,