Regex question (possible bug?)

  • Hisashi T Fujinaka
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2013
      Is this the place for possible bug reports?

      I'm in nomagic and I'm trying to delete the last directory from a
      directory path. So /a/b/c/d would end up being /a/b/c.

      This doesn't work, and I may be screwing it up:
      :%s,/\[a-z]\*\$,,

      Or is it a bug?

      --
      Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@...

    • glts
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2013
        On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@...> wrote:
        > I'm in nomagic and I'm trying to delete the last directory from a
        > directory path. So /a/b/c/d would end up being /a/b/c.
        >
        > This doesn't work, and I may be screwing it up:
        >
        > Or is it a bug?

        Not a bug, $ doesn't need backslash-escaping in nomagic mode.
        See the table at ":h /magic".

        Best,