Re: Update ftplugin/ocaml.vim

    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 26, 2013
      Markus Mottl wrote:

      > On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
      > > Markus Mottl wrote:
      > >> Btw., the compiler-settings don't load unless I enter ":compiler
      > >> ocaml". This may be annoying for beginners who might expect things to
      > >> work without having to change their Vim-configuration. What would be
      > >> the best way to set this as an overridable default?
      > >
      > > If nearly everybody uses the same compiler it would be OK, but if it's
      > > a user preference then not.
      >
      > Nearly everybody uses the same compiler. In what standard file should
      > the ":compiler ocaml" setting go? In the ftplugin file? Or
      > elsewhere?

      The ftplugin. But do it only when the user did not select a compiler
      already for this buffer.

      --
      "Making it up? Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough
      as it is without wanting to invent any more of it."

    • Markus Mottl
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 26, 2013
        Thanks, Bram, I've updated and attached the OCaml ftplugin file again
        (hopefully for the last time now!).

        Regards,
        Markus

        Markus Mottl http://www.ocaml.info markus.mottl@...