Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Update ftplugin/ocaml.vim

Expand Messages
  • Bram Moolenaar
    ... Thanks, I ll include this soon. ... If nearly everybody uses the same compiler it would be OK, but if it s a user preference then not. -- For a moment,
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 25, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Markus Mottl wrote:

      > Thanks, Hirotaka, this was indeed a weird issue that seems fixed now.
      >
      > Bram, please disregard the OCaml-ftplugin file I've sent earlier. The
      > one I've attached now should have all patches (including the removal
      > of the efm-setting).

      Thanks, I'll include this soon.

      > Btw., the compiler-settings don't load unless I enter ":compiler
      > ocaml". This may be annoying for beginners who might expect things to
      > work without having to change their Vim-configuration. What would be
      > the best way to set this as an overridable default?

      If nearly everybody uses the same compiler it would be OK, but if it's
      a user preference then not.

      --
      For a moment, nothing happened.
      Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.
      -- Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

      /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\
      /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
      \\\ an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org ///
      \\\ help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org ///

      --
      --
      You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

      ---
      You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
      To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
      For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
    • Markus Mottl
      ... Nearly everybody uses the same compiler. In what standard file should the :compiler ocaml setting go? In the ftplugin file? Or elsewhere? Regards,
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 25, 2013
      • 0 Attachment
        On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
        > Markus Mottl wrote:
        >> Btw., the compiler-settings don't load unless I enter ":compiler
        >> ocaml". This may be annoying for beginners who might expect things to
        >> work without having to change their Vim-configuration. What would be
        >> the best way to set this as an overridable default?
        >
        > If nearly everybody uses the same compiler it would be OK, but if it's
        > a user preference then not.

        Nearly everybody uses the same compiler. In what standard file should
        the ":compiler ocaml" setting go? In the ftplugin file? Or
        elsewhere?

        Regards,
        Markus

        --
        Markus Mottl http://www.ocaml.info markus.mottl@...

        --
        --
        You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
        Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
        For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

        ---
        You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
        To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
        For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
      • Bram Moolenaar
        ... The ftplugin. But do it only when the user did not select a compiler already for this buffer. -- Making it up? Why should I want to make anything up?
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 26, 2013
        • 0 Attachment
          Markus Mottl wrote:

          > On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
          > > Markus Mottl wrote:
          > >> Btw., the compiler-settings don't load unless I enter ":compiler
          > >> ocaml". This may be annoying for beginners who might expect things to
          > >> work without having to change their Vim-configuration. What would be
          > >> the best way to set this as an overridable default?
          > >
          > > If nearly everybody uses the same compiler it would be OK, but if it's
          > > a user preference then not.
          >
          > Nearly everybody uses the same compiler. In what standard file should
          > the ":compiler ocaml" setting go? In the ftplugin file? Or
          > elsewhere?

          The ftplugin. But do it only when the user did not select a compiler
          already for this buffer.

          --
          "Making it up? Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough
          as it is without wanting to invent any more of it."
          -- Marvin, the Paranoid Android in Douglas Adams'
          "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

          /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\
          /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
          \\\ an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org ///
          \\\ help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org ///

          --
          --
          You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
          Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
          For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

          ---
          You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
          To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
          For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
        • Markus Mottl
          Thanks, Bram, I ve updated and attached the OCaml ftplugin file again (hopefully for the last time now!). Regards, Markus ... -- Markus Mottl
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 26, 2013
          • 0 Attachment
            Thanks, Bram, I've updated and attached the OCaml ftplugin file again
            (hopefully for the last time now!).

            Regards,
            Markus

            On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
            >
            > Markus Mottl wrote:
            >
            >> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
            >> > Markus Mottl wrote:
            >> >> Btw., the compiler-settings don't load unless I enter ":compiler
            >> >> ocaml". This may be annoying for beginners who might expect things to
            >> >> work without having to change their Vim-configuration. What would be
            >> >> the best way to set this as an overridable default?
            >> >
            >> > If nearly everybody uses the same compiler it would be OK, but if it's
            >> > a user preference then not.
            >>
            >> Nearly everybody uses the same compiler. In what standard file should
            >> the ":compiler ocaml" setting go? In the ftplugin file? Or
            >> elsewhere?
            >
            > The ftplugin. But do it only when the user did not select a compiler
            > already for this buffer.
            >
            > --
            > "Making it up? Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough
            > as it is without wanting to invent any more of it."
            > -- Marvin, the Paranoid Android in Douglas Adams'
            > "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
            >
            > /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\
            > /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
            > \\\ an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org ///
            > \\\ help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org ///



            --
            Markus Mottl http://www.ocaml.info markus.mottl@...

            --
            --
            You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
            Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
            For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

            ---
            You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
            To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
            For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.