Re: Patch for built in javascript.vim and css.vim

  • Amadeus Demarzi
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
      On Monday, July 22, 2013 1:50:39 PM UTC-7, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Amadeus Demarzi wrote:
      >

      > > This patch fixes javascript.vim and css.vim from clobbering plugin syntaxes when sourced via html.vim.
      >

      > > Would it be possible to get this in for 7.4?
      >

      > > More details here:
      >
      > > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_dev/4Idz6Em2ZuU
      >

      > > It's a long explanation, so this would be the TL;DR for it
      >

      > Makes sense. It can be reduced to one elseif:
      >

      > elseif exists("b:current_syntax") && b:current_syntax == 'css'
      >
      > finish
      >
      > endif
      >

      > --
      >
      > "How is your new girlfriend?"
      >
      > "90-60-90 man!"
      >
      > "What, pale purple?"

      This is true, I can amend the patch and resubmit if you'd like?

      Thanks for the response!

    • Amadeus Demarzi
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
        On Monday, July 22, 2013 1:57:34 PM UTC-7, Amadeus Demarzi wrote:
        > On Monday, July 22, 2013 1:50:39 PM UTC-7, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > > Amadeus Demarzi wrote:
        > >

        > > > This patch fixes javascript.vim and css.vim from clobbering plugin syntaxes when sourced via html.vim.
        > >

        > > > Would it be possible to get this in for 7.4?
        > >

        > > > More details here:
        > >
        > > > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_dev/4Idz6Em2ZuU
        > >

        > > > It's a long explanation, so this would be the TL;DR for it
        > >

        > > Makes sense. It can be reduced to one elseif:
        > >

        > > elseif exists("b:current_syntax") && b:current_syntax == 'css'
        > >
        > > finish
        > >
        > > endif
        > >

        > > --
        > >
        > > "How is your new girlfriend?"
        > >
        > > "90-60-90 man!"
        > >
        > > "What, pale purple?"
        > >

        > > /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\
        > >
        > > /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
        > >
        > > \\\ an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org ///
        > >
        > > \\\ help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org ///
        >
        > This is true, I can amend the patch and resubmit if you'd like?
        >
        > Thanks for the response!

        Just in case, I've attached an updated patch with the single line if statements. Also, I noticed on my older patch a mixed the use of single and double quotes, that should be rectified to only double quotes here as well.

      • Amadeus Demarzi
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
          On Monday, July 22, 2013 11:25:40 PM UTC-7, Amadeus Demarzi wrote:
          > On Monday, July 22, 2013 1:57:34 PM UTC-7, Amadeus Demarzi wrote:

          > > > Makes sense. It can be reduced to one elseif:
          > > >

          > > > elseif exists("b:current_syntax") && b:current_syntax == 'css'
          > > >
          > > > finish
          > > >
          > > > endif
          > > >

          > > > --
          > > >
          > > > "How is your new girlfriend?"
          > > >
          > > > "90-60-90 man!"
          > > >
          > > > "What, pale purple?"
          > > >

          > > > /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\
          > > >
          > > > /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
          > > >
          > > > \\\ an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org ///
          > > >
          > > > \\\ help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org ///
          > >
          > > This is true, I can amend the patch and resubmit if you'd like?
          > >
          > > Thanks for the response!
          >
          > Just in case, I've attached an updated patch with the single line if statements. Also, I noticed on my older patch a mixed the use of single and double quotes, that should be rectified to only double quotes here as well.

          Actually scratch that last one, I inadvertently removed extraneous whitespace, making it a less clean patch. Here's a better one.