Patch for built in javascript.vim and css.vim

  • Amadeus Demarzi
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 21, 2013
      This patch fixes javascript.vim and css.vim from clobbering plugin syntaxes when sourced via html.vim.

      Would it be possible to get this in for 7.4?

      More details here:
      https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_dev/4Idz6Em2ZuU

      It's a long explanation, so this would be the TL;DR for it

      Cheers,
      Amadeus

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
        Amadeus Demarzi wrote:

        > This patch fixes javascript.vim and css.vim from clobbering plugin syntaxes when sourced via html.vim.
        >
        > Would it be possible to get this in for 7.4?
        >
        > More details here:
        > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_dev/4Idz6Em2ZuU
        >
        > It's a long explanation, so this would be the TL;DR for it

        Makes sense. It can be reduced to one elseif:

        elseif exists("b:current_syntax") && b:current_syntax == 'css'
        finish
        endif

        --
        "How is your new girlfriend?"
        "90-60-90 man!"

      • Amadeus Demarzi
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
          On Monday, July 22, 2013 1:50:39 PM UTC-7, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > Amadeus Demarzi wrote:
          >

          > > This patch fixes javascript.vim and css.vim from clobbering plugin syntaxes when sourced via html.vim.
          >

          > > Would it be possible to get this in for 7.4?
          >

          > > More details here:
          >
          > > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_dev/4Idz6Em2ZuU
          >

          > > It's a long explanation, so this would be the TL;DR for it
          >

          > Makes sense. It can be reduced to one elseif:
          >

          > elseif exists("b:current_syntax") && b:current_syntax == 'css'
          >
          > finish
          >
          > endif
          >

          > --
          >
          > "How is your new girlfriend?"
          >
          > "90-60-90 man!"
          >
          > "What, pale purple?"

          This is true, I can amend the patch and resubmit if you'd like?

          Thanks for the response!

        • Amadeus Demarzi
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
            On Monday, July 22, 2013 1:57:34 PM UTC-7, Amadeus Demarzi wrote:
            > On Monday, July 22, 2013 1:50:39 PM UTC-7, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            > > Amadeus Demarzi wrote:
            > >

            > > > This patch fixes javascript.vim and css.vim from clobbering plugin syntaxes when sourced via html.vim.
            > >

            > > > Would it be possible to get this in for 7.4?
            > >

            > > > More details here:
            > >
            > > > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_dev/4Idz6Em2ZuU
            > >

            > > > It's a long explanation, so this would be the TL;DR for it
            > >

            > > Makes sense. It can be reduced to one elseif:
            > >

            > > elseif exists("b:current_syntax") && b:current_syntax == 'css'
            > >
            > > finish
            > >
            > > endif
            > >

            > > --
            > >
            > > "How is your new girlfriend?"
            > >
            > > "90-60-90 man!"
            > >
            > > "What, pale purple?"
            > >

            > > /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\
            > >
            > > /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
            > >
            > > \\\ an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org ///
            > >
            > > \\\ help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org ///
            >
            > This is true, I can amend the patch and resubmit if you'd like?
            >
            > Thanks for the response!

            Just in case, I've attached an updated patch with the single line if statements. Also, I noticed on my older patch a mixed the use of single and double quotes, that should be rectified to only double quotes here as well.

          • Amadeus Demarzi
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
              On Monday, July 22, 2013 11:25:40 PM UTC-7, Amadeus Demarzi wrote:
              > On Monday, July 22, 2013 1:57:34 PM UTC-7, Amadeus Demarzi wrote:

              > > > Makes sense. It can be reduced to one elseif:
              > > >

              > > > elseif exists("b:current_syntax") && b:current_syntax == 'css'
              > > >
              > > > finish
              > > >
              > > > endif
              > > >

              > > > --
              > > >
              > > > "How is your new girlfriend?"
              > > >
              > > > "90-60-90 man!"
              > > >
              > > > "What, pale purple?"
              > > >

              > > > /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\
              > > >
              > > > /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
              > > >
              > > > \\\ an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org ///
              > > >
              > > > \\\ help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org ///
              > >
              > > This is true, I can amend the patch and resubmit if you'd like?
              > >
              > > Thanks for the response!
              >
              > Just in case, I've attached an updated patch with the single line if statements. Also, I noticed on my older patch a mixed the use of single and double quotes, that should be rectified to only double quotes here as well.

              Actually scratch that last one, I inadvertently removed extraneous whitespace, making it a less clean patch. Here's a better one.