Re: $MYVIMRC not set

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2013
      Dimitar Dimitrov wrote:

      > After reading the docs about -u, I can't see it mentioned that in that case $MYVIMRC wouldn't be setup.
      > But it isn't.
      > Try with vim -u ~/.vimrc

      I suppose it's useful to add a remark about this in the docs.

      --
      Contrary to popular belief, it's often your clothing that gets promoted, not
      you.

    • Justin M. Keyes
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2015
        On Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 12:42:51 PM UTC-4, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > Dimitar Dimitrov wrote:
        >
        > > After reading the docs about -u, I can't see it mentioned that in that case $MYVIMRC wouldn't be setup.
        > > But it isn't.
        > > Try with vim -u ~/.vimrc
        >
        > I suppose it's useful to add a remark about this in the docs.

        What is the reason for not setting $MYVIMRC when -u is used? It would be useful to be able to rely on $MYVIMRC in that case.

        ---
        Justin M. Keyes