Re: Borland Make_bc5.mak

  • James McCoy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2013

      On Jul 18, 2013 12:34 PM, "Henry" <defsyn@...> wrote:

      > latest svn.

      Vim switched to Mercurial a few years ago. See http://code.google.com/p/vim for the latest sources.

    • Ken Takata
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2013
        Hi,

        2013/7/19 Fri 1:34:32 UTC+9 def...@... wrote:
        > latest svn.
        >
        > Borland builds but the executable fails to show menus, toolbars, etc.
        >
        > Error message pops up:
        >
        > Error detected while processing C:\build\vim\runtime\menu.vim:
        >

        > line 156:
        >
        > E121: Undefined variable: paste#paste_cmd
        >
        > E15: Invalid expression: 'vnoremenu <script> &Edit.&Paste<Tab>"+gP^I' .
        > paste#paste_cmd['v']

        I found the cause of this problem. It was caused by 7.3.1182.
        The type of st.st_mode is unsigned short on MSVC, but it is signed short
        on BCC. Thus, when casting st_mode to long, the value may become a minus
        which is handled as an error.

        I also found some problems with BCC:
        * Can not build with python as reported here:
        https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vim_use/_layXHD5hUk/discussion
        * Some temporary files are not ignored by mercurial.
        * When build with 'make -f Make_bc5.mak DEBUG=yes', DEBUG is defined but
        _DEBUG is not defined. TRACE macros defined in os_win32.h cannot be used
        because of this.

        Attached patch fixes them.

        Regards,
        Ken Takata

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 15, 2013
          Ken Takata wrote:

          > 2013/7/19 Fri 1:34:32 UTC+9 def...@... wrote:
          > > latest svn.
          > >
          > > Borland builds but the executable fails to show menus, toolbars, etc.
          > >
          > > Error message pops up:
          > >
          > > Error detected while processing C:\build\vim\runtime\menu.vim:
          > >

          > > line 156:
          > >
          > > E121: Undefined variable: paste#paste_cmd
          > >
          > > E15: Invalid expression: 'vnoremenu <script> &Edit.&Paste<Tab>"+gP^I' .
          > > paste#paste_cmd['v']
          >
          > I found the cause of this problem. It was caused by 7.3.1182.
          > The type of st.st_mode is unsigned short on MSVC, but it is signed short
          > on BCC. Thus, when casting st_mode to long, the value may become a minus
          > which is handled as an error.
          >
          > I also found some problems with BCC:
          > * Can not build with python as reported here:
          > https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vim_use/_layXHD5hUk/discussion
          > * Some temporary files are not ignored by mercurial.
          > * When build with 'make -f Make_bc5.mak DEBUG=yes', DEBUG is defined but
          > _DEBUG is not defined. TRACE macros defined in os_win32.h cannot be used
          > because of this.
          >
          > Attached patch fixes them.

          Thanks! I'll put it in the todo list.

          64. The remote to the T.V. is missing...and you don't even care.