Borland Make_bc5.mak

  • Henry
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2013
      latest svn.

      Borland builds but the executable fails to show menus, toolbars, etc.

      Error message pops up:

      Error detected while processing C:\build\vim\runtime\menu.vim:

      lineĀ  156:

      E121: Undefined variable: paste#paste_cmd

      E15: Invalid expression: 'vnoremenu <script> &Edit.&Paste<Tab>"+gP^I' .
      paste#paste_cmd['v']

    • James McCoy
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2013

        On Jul 18, 2013 12:34 PM, "Henry" <defsyn@...> wrote:

        > latest svn.

        Vim switched to Mercurial a few years ago. See http://code.google.com/p/vim for the latest sources.

      • Ken Takata
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2013
          Hi,

          2013/7/19 Fri 1:34:32 UTC+9 def...@... wrote:
          > latest svn.
          >
          > Borland builds but the executable fails to show menus, toolbars, etc.
          >
          > Error message pops up:
          >
          > Error detected while processing C:\build\vim\runtime\menu.vim:
          >

          > line 156:
          >
          > E121: Undefined variable: paste#paste_cmd
          >
          > E15: Invalid expression: 'vnoremenu <script> &Edit.&Paste<Tab>"+gP^I' .
          > paste#paste_cmd['v']

          I found the cause of this problem. It was caused by 7.3.1182.
          The type of st.st_mode is unsigned short on MSVC, but it is signed short
          on BCC. Thus, when casting st_mode to long, the value may become a minus
          which is handled as an error.

          I also found some problems with BCC:
          * Can not build with python as reported here:
          https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vim_use/_layXHD5hUk/discussion
          * Some temporary files are not ignored by mercurial.
          * When build with 'make -f Make_bc5.mak DEBUG=yes', DEBUG is defined but
          _DEBUG is not defined. TRACE macros defined in os_win32.h cannot be used
          because of this.

          Attached patch fixes them.

          Regards,
          Ken Takata

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 15, 2013
            Ken Takata wrote:

            > 2013/7/19 Fri 1:34:32 UTC+9 def...@... wrote:
            > > latest svn.
            > >
            > > Borland builds but the executable fails to show menus, toolbars, etc.
            > >
            > > Error message pops up:
            > >
            > > Error detected while processing C:\build\vim\runtime\menu.vim:
            > >

            > > line 156:
            > >
            > > E121: Undefined variable: paste#paste_cmd
            > >
            > > E15: Invalid expression: 'vnoremenu <script> &Edit.&Paste<Tab>"+gP^I' .
            > > paste#paste_cmd['v']
            >
            > I found the cause of this problem. It was caused by 7.3.1182.
            > The type of st.st_mode is unsigned short on MSVC, but it is signed short
            > on BCC. Thus, when casting st_mode to long, the value may become a minus
            > which is handled as an error.
            >
            > I also found some problems with BCC:
            > * Can not build with python as reported here:
            > https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vim_use/_layXHD5hUk/discussion
            > * Some temporary files are not ignored by mercurial.
            > * When build with 'make -f Make_bc5.mak DEBUG=yes', DEBUG is defined but
            > _DEBUG is not defined. TRACE macros defined in os_win32.h cannot be used
            > because of this.
            >
            > Attached patch fixes them.

            Thanks! I'll put it in the todo list.

            64. The remote to the T.V. is missing...and you don't even care.