BUG: new NFA-regexp problem in 7.4a.035

  • Ingo Karkat
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2013
      Hello Vim developers,

      Good news first: patch 7.4a.032 indeed fixes the reported NFA-regexp
      problem I've encountered in my test suite.

      Bad news: Now, another test case in the same test suite fails. Taking a
      cue from glts's great work at simplifying my previous error case, I've
      condensed it to this:

      function! Test(re)
      return 'SuR' =~ '\%#=' . a:re . '\%(\U\@<=S\k*\|S\l\)R'
      endfunction
      for n in [0, 1]
      echo Test(n)
      endfor

      To reproduce, use above scriptlet or the identical attached script:

      vim -N -u NONE -S bad-re2.vim
      0
      1

      This is again with a huge build of Vim 7.4a.35, running in an Ubuntu
      13.04 x64 VM.

      -- regards, ingo

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18, 2013
        Ingo Karkat wrote:

        > Hello Vim developers,
        >
        > Good news first: patch 7.4a.032 indeed fixes the reported NFA-regexp
        > problem I've encountered in my test suite.
        >
        > Bad news: Now, another test case in the same test suite fails. Taking a
        > cue from glts's great work at simplifying my previous error case, I've
        > condensed it to this:
        >
        > function! Test(re)
        > return 'SuR' =~ '\%#=' . a:re . '\%(\U\@<=S\k*\|S\l\)R'
        > endfunction
        > for n in [0, 1]
        > echo Test(n)
        > endfor
        >
        > To reproduce, use above scriptlet or the identical attached script:
        >
        > vim -N -u NONE -S bad-re2.vim
        > 0
        > 1
        >
        > This is again with a huge build of Vim 7.4a.35, running in an Ubuntu
        > 13.04 x64 VM.

        Thanks for the example.

        --
        It's totally unfair to suggest - as many have - that engineers are socially
        inept. Engineers simply have different objectives when it comes to social