Syntax highlighting for PL1 (aka PL/1 or PL/I)

  • Alan Thompson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2013
      Hi all,

      Last year I had to work on 4.5 million lines of PL1 legacy code, and was quite distressed when GVim didn't seem to have any syntax highlighting support!  So, I modified an existing syntax file by adding in PL1 keywords in order to create a PL1 syntax file.  I saved the results here:

      What would be the best way to get this added into Vim 7.4?

      Thanks,
      Alan Thompson

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 2013
        Alan Thompson wrote:

        > Last year I had to work on 4.5 million lines of PL1 legacy code, and was
        > quite distressed when GVim didn't seem to have any syntax highlighting
        > support! So, I modified an existing syntax file by adding in PL1 keywords
        > in order to create a PL1 syntax file. I saved the results here:

        > What would be the best way to get this added into Vim 7.4?

        Email it to me. Assuming that others have tried it. Or at least nobody
        found a problem with it.

        You can drop the HiLink command and use "hi def link" directly. No need
        to support an ancient Vim version in a new syntax file.

        --
        The process for understanding customers primarily involves sitting around with
        other marketing people and talking about what you would to if you were dumb