Re: Vim development process is utterly broken (Was: Re: [patch] test98 stops when using gvim)

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 17, 2013
      On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:16:09 PM UTC-5, MarcWeber wrote:
      > Excerpts from Tony Mechelynck's message of Wed Jul 17 03:45:35 +0200 2013:
      >
      > > You can share them in diff format, just like the patches that I see on
      >
      > > vim_dev.
      >
      > I'm talking about "hg pull" like sharing.
      >

      > > URL?
      >
      > still the same: http://vim-wiki.mawercer.de/wiki/vim-development/development.html

      Can you elaborate a little on the "remotes" feature you list on that page as being better in git?

      IIUC I *think* that is basically the same as the "paths" section in the hgrc, but with an interface to modify it.

      http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4956346/how-can-i-add-remote-repositories-in-mercurial

      TortoiseHg provides a GUI to add paths, but I don't know of any built-in command-line tools to do it.