[patch] Win32: moving mouse won't make it appear

  • Ken Takata
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2013
      Hi,

      I have fixed the following issue from the todo.txt:

      > 8 Win32: When mouse is hidden and in the toolbar, moving it won't make it
      > appear. (Sami Salonen)

      It was the same for the tabline.

      HandleMouseHide() is called inside the main WndProc. However, when
      moving mouse in the toolbar or the tabline, mouse events are not
      sent to the main WndProc. So we have to hook the events using
      SubclassWindow().
      Please check the attached patch.

      Actually, it is also the same for scrollbars, but it seems a little bit
      difficult to fix because Vim can have two or more scrollbars.

      Regards,
      Ken Takata

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2013
        Ken Takata wrote:

        > I have fixed the following issue from the todo.txt:
        >
        > > 8 Win32: When mouse is hidden and in the toolbar, moving it won't make it
        > > appear. (Sami Salonen)
        >
        > It was the same for the tabline.
        >
        > HandleMouseHide() is called inside the main WndProc. However, when
        > moving mouse in the toolbar or the tabline, mouse events are not
        > sent to the main WndProc. So we have to hook the events using
        > SubclassWindow().
        > Please check the attached patch.
        >
        > Actually, it is also the same for scrollbars, but it seems a little bit
        > difficult to fix because Vim can have two or more scrollbars.

        Thanks. I'll have to decide if this is safe to include in this stage of
        beta-testing... Any chance this will fail in some configuration?

        --
        Engineers will go without food and hygiene for days to solve a problem.
        (Other times just because they forgot.)

      • Ken Takata
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 18, 2013
          Hi Bram,

          2013/07/17 Wed 21:11:12 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > Thanks. I'll have to decide if this is safe to include in this stage of
          > beta-testing... Any chance this will fail in some configuration?

          I tested with VC6, VC10 (32bit/64bit) and MinGW 4.7 on WinXP/7.
          All works fine.

          Regards,
          Ken Takata