Re: Issue 152 in vim: 7.4a.24 BETA can't remove lines

  • vim@...
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
      Comment #2 on issue 152 by vega.james@...: 7.4a.24 BETA can't remove
      lines

      The behavior you're expecting is not default behavior in Vim. Both of
      those require settings to be changed.

      For the first, you likely had "set backspace=2" in the config you were
      previously using. For the latter, that only happens when you have "set
      showmode" configured.

      issue notifications to this address.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
        Comment #3 on issue 152 by HiAngel...@...: 7.4a.24 BETA can't remove
        lines

        I asked vim for those values:
        "set backspace?" backspace=
        "set showmode?" noshowmode
        By the way, now I've compiled ViM left in the sources and default one
        installed in system. Default works as I expected.

        issue notifications to this address.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
          Comment #4 on issue 152 by HiAngel...@...: 7.4a.24 BETA can't remove
          lines

          I asked vim for those values:
          "set backspace?" backspace=
          "set showmode?" noshowmode
          If I set showmode, behaviour remains as was.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
            Comment #5 on issue 152 by HiAngel...@...: 7.4a.24 BETA can't remove
            lines

            I asked vim for those values:
            "set backspace?" backspace=
            "set showmode?" noshowmode
            If I set showmode, behaviour remains as was.
            By the way, now I've compiled ViM left in the sources and default one
            installed in system. Default works as I expected.
            UPD: If I set showmode, "--insert--" label appears. But lines deletion do
            not works anyway.

            issue notifications to this address.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
              Comment #6 on issue 152 by antoine....@...: 7.4a.24 BETA can't remove
              lines

              It seems that you run in 'compatible' mode.This could be due to the lack of
              a vimrc.

              I suggest the following:
              1. Start Vim.
              2. In Normal mode, type
              :e ~/.vimrc
              followed by Enter.While you're typing that, it should appear at the very
              bottom of the Vim screen.
              3. In that new file, enter the following lines (in Insert mode):

              " Vim configuration file
              runtime vimrc_example.vim
              " user customizations come here
              set showmode

              :x

              That's all.The vimrc_example.vim includes
              set backspace=indent,eol,start
              so you don't need to repeat that one. The next time you start Vim, it
              should let you backspace over a linebreak while in Insert mode, and
              --INSERT-- --REPLACE-- --VISUAL-- etc.should appear at the bottom when you
              aren't in Normal mode.

              "I would rather see a saloon on every corner than a Catholic in
              the White House. I would rather see a nigger as president."
              [Bob Jones, Sr., founder of Bob Jones University]

              See
              :help 'backspace'
              :help 'showmode'

              issue notifications to this address.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
                Comment #7 on issue 152 by HiAngel...@...: 7.4a.24 BETA can't remove
                lines

                It works, thanks you very much! By the way: aren’t you magician?
                P.S. I can't find sacramental button: how to close bug?

                issue notifications to this address.

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 4, 2014
                  Updates:
                  Owner: drc...@...

                  Comment #8 on issue 152 by drc...@...: 7.4a.24 BETA can't
                  remove lines

                  You need to find commands on your system that will copy and move files.
                  cmd /c copy -and- cmd /c move worked under windows xp. Just set
                  g:netrw_localcopycmd and g:netrw_localmovecmd to whatever works for you.

                  issue notifications to this address.