BUG: folding is not cleared after :diffo! 7.4a

  • ramelo1@...
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2013
      Hello Vim developers,

      I'm running Vim 7.4a BETA and have an issue with diff mode -When trying to exit diff mode with :diffoff! the folding is not cleared as it was in older versions.

      To reproduce:
      >gvim -u NONE -c "for i in range(1,100) | call setline(i,i) | endfor"
      inside Vim:
      ggyG
      :vnew
      P " now, we have 2 almost-identical windows
      :windo difft " you should see one folded chunk
      :diffoff! " BUG: the folded chunk is still there!!

      bugreport file is attached.

      Thanks for your great work!!
      Ramel

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2013
        Ramel wrote:

        > I'm running Vim 7.4a BETA and have an issue with diff mode -When
        > trying to exit diff mode with :diffoff! the folding is not cleared as
        > it was in older versions.
        >
        > To reproduce:
        > >gvim -u NONE -c "for i in range(1,100) | call setline(i,i) | endfor"
        > inside Vim:
        > ggyG
        > :vnew
        > P " now, we have 2 almost-identical windows
        > :windo difft " you should see one folded chunk
        > :diffoff! " BUG: the folded chunk is still there!!
        >
        > bugreport file is attached.

        Thanks. Easy to reproduce, took a bit of debugging to find out why it
        ever worked. Turns out restoring 'foldenable' is not right, I'll make a
        patch.

        --
        A salesperson says: Translation:
        "backward compatible" Old technology