Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: Issue 150 in vim: same normal cmds on linux and windows

Expand Messages
  • vim@...
    Comment #1 on issue 150 by Zulolox4...@gmail.com: same normal cmds on linux and windows http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150 In windows the input
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 15, 2013
      Comment #1 on issue 150 by Zulolox4...@...: same normal cmds on linux
      and windows
      http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150

      In windows the input file : fileinwin32 and output, after command:
      fileoutwin32, attached.

      The vim win32 version tested on:

      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4a BETA (2013 Jul 6, compiled Jul 14 2013 14:36:09)
      MS-Windows 32-bit console version
      Included patches: 1-23
      Compiled by g_user@os-PC-WIN7-64
      Huge version without GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
      +arabic +cmdline_info -ebcdic -gettext
      +localmap +path_extra -ruby -tag_any_white
      +visualextra
      +autocmd +comments +emacs_tags -hangul_input
      -lua -perl +scrollbind -tcl +viminfo
      -balloon_eval +conceal +eval +iconv/dyn
      +menu +persistent_undo +signs -tgetent
      +vreplace
      -browse +cryptv +ex_extra +insert_expand
      +mksession -postscript +smartindent -termresponse
      +wildignore
      ++builtin_terms +cscope +extra_search +jumplist
      +modify_fname +printer -sniff +textobjects
      +wildmenu
      +byte_offset +cursorbind +farsi +keymap
      +mouse +profile +startuptime +title +windows
      +cindent +cursorshape +file_in_path +langmap
      -mouseshape -python +statusline -toolbar
      +writebackup
      +clientserver +dialog_con +find_in_path +libcall
      +multi_byte -python3 -sun_workshop +user_commands
      -xfontset
      +clipboard +diff +float +linebreak
      +multi_lang +quickfix +syntax +vertsplit -xim
      +cmdline_compl +digraphs +folding +lispindent
      -mzscheme +reltime +tag_binary +virtualedit
      -xterm_save
      +cmdline_hist -dnd -footer +listcmds
      -netbeans_intg +rightleft +tag_old_static +visual -xpm_w32
      system vimrc file: "$VIM\vimrc"
      user vimrc file: "$HOME\_vimrc"
      2nd user vimrc file: "$HOME\vimfiles\vimrc"
      3rd user vimrc file: "$VIM\_vimrc"
      user exrc file: "$HOME\_exrc"
      2nd user exrc file: "$VIM\_exrc"
      Compilation: cl -c /W3 /nologo -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_PATHDEF -DWIN32
      -DFEAT_CSCOPE -DWINVER=0x0400 -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0400 /Fo.\ObjCi386/
      /Ox /GL -DNDEBUG
      /Zl /MT -DFEAT_MBYTE -DDYNAMIC_ICONV -DFEAT_HUGE /Fd.\ObjCi386/ /Zi
      Linking: link /RELEASE /nologo /subsystem:console /LTCG:STATUS oldnames.lib
      kernel32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib gdi32.lib comdlg32.lib ole32.lib
      uuid.lib /ma
      chine:i386 /nodefaultlib libcmt.lib user32.lib /PDB:vim.pdb
      -debug

      Attachments:
      fileinwin32 661 bytes
      fileoutwin32 704 bytes

      --
      You received this message because this project is configured to send all
      issue notifications to this address.
      You may adjust your notification preferences at:
      https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

      --
      --
      You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

      ---
      You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
      To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
      For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
    • vim@...
      Comment #2 on issue 150 by fritzoph...@gmail.com: same normal cmds on linux and windows http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150 I can t reproduce the
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 16, 2013
        Comment #2 on issue 150 by fritzoph...@...: same normal cmds on linux
        and windows
        http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150

        I can't reproduce the problem. On Windows 7.3.822 using your command, I get
        the same text you got in Linux.

        Actually, you missed a step. You need to set autoindent before running your
        command.

        Also, your result depends on either the value of 'textwidth', or the window
        size if 'textwidth' is zero. Are you sure your 'textwidth' setting is the
        same in each instance? How about the window size? What does ":set columns?"
        say in each of your Vims?

        That's a clever way to add a hanging indent, by the way. I'll need to
        remember that.

        But note, maybe you just want to set up 'formatlistpat' instead, and set
        fo+=n.

        --
        You received this message because this project is configured to send all
        issue notifications to this address.
        You may adjust your notification preferences at:
        https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

        --
        --
        You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
        Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
        For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

        ---
        You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
        To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
        For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
      • Zulox4
        ... All the options set in vim (.vimrc) are the same for windows os and linux os versions, these : set nocompatible use vim defaults set scrolloff=3
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 16, 2013
          On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:25:33 PM UTC+2, v...@... wrote:
          > Comment #2 on issue 150 by fritzoph...@...: same normal cmds on linux
          >
          > and windows
          >
          > http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150
          >
          >
          >
          > I can't reproduce the problem. On Windows 7.3.822 using your command, I get
          >
          > the same text you got in Linux.
          >
          >
          >
          > Actually, you missed a step. You need to set autoindent before running your
          >
          > command.
          >
          >
          >
          > Also, your result depends on either the value of 'textwidth', or the window
          >
          > size if 'textwidth' is zero. Are you sure your 'textwidth' setting is the
          >
          > same in each instance? How about the window size? What does ":set columns?"
          >
          > say in each of your Vims?
          >
          >
          >
          > That's a clever way to add a hanging indent, by the way. I'll need to
          >
          > remember that.
          >
          >
          >
          > But note, maybe you just want to set up 'formatlistpat' instead, and set
          >
          > fo+=n.
          >
          >
          >
          > --
          >
          > You received this message because this project is configured to send all
          >
          > issue notifications to this address.
          >
          > You may adjust your notification preferences at:
          >
          > https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

          All the options set in vim (.vimrc) are the same for windows os and linux os versions, these :

          set nocompatible " use vim defaults
          set scrolloff=3 " keep 3 lines when scrolling
          set ai " set auto-indenting on for programming

          set showcmd " display incomplete commands
          set nobackup " do not keep a backup file
          set number " show line numbers
          set ruler " show the current row and column

          set hlsearch " highlight searches
          set incsearch " do incremental searching
          set showmatch " jump to matches when entering regexp
          set ignorecase " ignore case when searching
          set smartcase " no ignorecase if Uppercase char present

          set visualbell t_vb= " turn off error beep/flash
          set novisualbell " turn off visual bell

          set backspace=indent,eol,start " make that backspace key work the way it should

          syntax on " turn syntax highlighting on by default
          filetype on " detect type of file
          filetype indent on " load indent file for specific file type

          set t_RV= " http://bugs.debian.org/608242, http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/9770ea844cec3282


          I don't use gui version, the size of my window console (cmd) is 160 chars width chars and 80 chars heigth.
          Thanks !

          --
          --
          You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
          Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
          For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

          ---
          You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
          To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
          For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
        • Zulox4
          ... I tested on win7 vim 7.3.762 and 7.3.960 and i have same problem. For the output file, after the normal commnd, only linux file is good (the target file,
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 16, 2013
            On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:25:33 PM UTC+2, v...@... wrote:
            > Comment #2 on issue 150 by fritzoph...@...: same normal cmds on linux
            >
            > and windows
            >
            > http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150
            >
            >
            >
            > I can't reproduce the problem. On Windows 7.3.822 using your command, I get
            >
            > the same text you got in Linux.
            >
            >
            >
            > Actually, you missed a step. You need to set autoindent before running your
            >
            > command.
            >
            >
            >
            > Also, your result depends on either the value of 'textwidth', or the window
            >
            > size if 'textwidth' is zero. Are you sure your 'textwidth' setting is the
            >
            > same in each instance? How about the window size? What does ":set columns?"
            >
            > say in each of your Vims?
            >
            >
            >
            > That's a clever way to add a hanging indent, by the way. I'll need to
            >
            > remember that.
            >
            >
            >
            > But note, maybe you just want to set up 'formatlistpat' instead, and set
            >
            > fo+=n.
            >
            >
            >
            > --
            >
            > You received this message because this project is configured to send all
            >
            > issue notifications to this address.
            >
            > You may adjust your notification preferences at:
            >
            > https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

            I tested on win7 vim 7.3.762 and 7.3.960 and i have same problem.
            For the output file, after the normal commnd, only linux file is good (the target file, also for windows version) fileoutlinux, was attached.
            The fileoutwin32 ( 704 bytes ) is a wrong file that is was generated with vim 7.4a.023. I tested also with 7.3.960 and 7.3.762 on windows, and have same wrong result. In all cases I used the vimrc, I pasted, few hours ago.
            Thanks!

            --
            --
            You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
            Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
            For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

            ---
            You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
            To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
            For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
          • vim@...
            Comment #3 on issue 150 by Zulolox4...@gmail.com: same normal cmds on linux and windows http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150 ... VIM - Vi IMproved
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 16, 2013
              Comment #3 on issue 150 by Zulolox4...@...: same normal cmds on linux
              and windows
              http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150

              I tested with vim 7.3.822 on win7 this config:
              :ver
              VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Jul 17 2013 03:39:13)
              MS-Windows 32-bit console version
              Included patches: 1-822
              Compiled by g_user7@win7-PC
              Huge version without GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
              +arabic +autocmd -balloon_eval -browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset
              +cindent +clientserver +clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist
              +cmdline_info +comments
              +conceal +cryptv +cscope +cursorbind +cursorshape +dialog_con +diff
              +digraphs -dnd -ebcdic +emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra +extra_search +farsi
              +file_in_path
              +find_in_path +float +folding -footer -gettext -hangul_input +iconv/dyn
              +insert_expand +jumplist +keymap +langmap +libcall +linebreak +lispindent
              +listcmds
              +localmap -lua +menu +mksession +modify_fname +mouse -mouseshape
              +multi_byte +multi_lang -mzscheme -netbeans_intg +path_extra -perl
              +persistent_undo
              -postscript +printer +profile -python -python3 +quickfix +reltime
              +rightleft -ruby +scrollbind +signs +smartindent -sniff +startuptime
              +statusline
              -sun_workshop +syntax +tag_binary +tag_old_static -tag_any_white -tcl
              -tgetent -termresponse +textobjects +title -toolbar +user_commands
              +vertsplit
              +virtualedit +visual +visualextra +viminfo +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu
              +windows +writebackup -xfontset -xim -xterm_save -xpm_w32
              system vimrc file: "$VIM\vimrc"
              user vimrc file: "$HOME\_vimrc"
              2nd user vimrc file: "$VIM\_vimrc"
              user exrc file: "$HOME\_exrc"
              2nd user exrc file: "$VIM\_exrc"
              Compilation: cl -c /W3 /nologo -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_PATHDEF -DWIN32
              -DFEAT_CSCOPE -DWINVER=0x0400 -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0400 /Fo.\ObjCi386/
              /Ox /GL -DNDEBUG
              /Zl /MT -DFEAT_MBYTE -DDYNAMIC_ICONV -DFEAT_HUGE /Fd.\ObjCi386/ /Zi
              Linking: link /RELEASE /nologo /subsystem:console /LTCG:STATUS oldnames.lib
              kernel32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib gdi32.lib comdlg32.lib ole32.lib
              uuid.lib /ma
              chine:i386 /nodefaultlib libcmt.lib user32.lib /PDB:vim.pdb
              -debug

              vimrc file used:

              " http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/starting.html#vimrc

              set nocompatible " use vim defaults
              set scrolloff=3 " keep 3 lines when scrolling
              set ai " set auto-indenting on for programming

              set showcmd " display incomplete commands
              set nobackup " do not keep a backup file
              set number " show line numbers
              set ruler " show the current row and column

              set hlsearch " highlight searches
              set incsearch " do incremental searching
              set showmatch " jump to matches when entering regexp
              set ignorecase " ignore case when searching
              set smartcase " no ignorecase if Uppercase char present

              set visualbell t_vb= " turn off error beep/flash
              set novisualbell " turn off visual bell

              set backspace=indent,eol,start " make that backspace key work the way it
              should

              syntax on " turn syntax highlighting on by default
              filetype on " detect type of file
              filetype indent on " load indent file for specific file type

              set t_RV= " http://bugs.debian.org/608242,
              http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/9770ea844cec3282

              After executed the vim normal command on fileinwin32 input file:

              :%no<S-Tab>!Y6r gw}Vp<CR>

              with the config above, in last paragraph of buffer, the word "BL" is
              repeated on the next line and "connotation" is pushed on next line.

              Also, I used this line windows command to start vim:
              vim -u NONE -U NONE fileinwin32
              In this case the paragraphs are not indented, but word "BL," is added,
              after execution of vim normal command, and the word "BL," appears two times.

              --
              You received this message because this project is configured to send all
              issue notifications to this address.
              You may adjust your notification preferences at:
              https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

              --
              --
              You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
              Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
              For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

              ---
              You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
              To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
              For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
            • Ben Fritz
              ... I copied this .vimrc into %TEMP% test_vimrc.vim and ran Vim using: vim -N --noplugin -u %TEMP% test_vimrc.vim -U NONE -i NONE ... I could not reproduce the
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 17, 2013
                On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:29:19 PM UTC-5, v...@... wrote:
                >
                > I tested with vim 7.3.822 on win7 this config:
                >
                > :ver
                >
                > VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Jul 17 2013 03:39:13)
                >
                > MS-Windows 32-bit console version
                >
                > Included patches: 1-822
                >
                > Compiled by g_user7@win7-PC
                >
                > Huge version without GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
                >
                > [SNIP]
                >
                > vimrc file used:
                >
                >
                > " http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/starting.html#vimrc
                >
                > set nocompatible " use vim defaults
                > set scrolloff=3 " keep 3 lines when scrolling
                > set ai " set auto-indenting on for programming
                >
                > set showcmd " display incomplete commands
                > set nobackup " do not keep a backup file
                > set number " show line numbers
                > set ruler " show the current row and column
                >
                > set hlsearch " highlight searches
                > set incsearch " do incremental searching
                > set showmatch " jump to matches when entering regexp
                > set ignorecase " ignore case when searching
                > set smartcase " no ignorecase if Uppercase char present
                >
                > set visualbell t_vb= " turn off error beep/flash
                > set novisualbell " turn off visual bell
                >
                > set backspace=indent,eol,start " make that backspace key work the way it should
                >
                > syntax on " turn syntax highlighting on by default
                > filetype on " detect type of file
                > filetype indent on " load indent file for specific file type
                >
                > set t_RV= " http://bugs.debian.org/608242, http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/9770ea844cec3282
                >

                I copied this .vimrc into %TEMP%\test_vimrc.vim and ran Vim using:

                vim -N --noplugin -u %TEMP%\test_vimrc.vim -U NONE -i NONE

                > After executed the vim normal command on fileinwin32 input file:
                >
                > :%no<S-Tab>!Y6r gw}Vp<CR>
                >
                > with the config above, in last paragraph of buffer, the word "BL" is
                > repeated on the next line and "connotation" is pushed on next line.
                >

                I could not reproduce the problem. "BL" stays on the same line when I do
                it. I realized my terminal window was set to 25 characters in height, 80
                characters in width, so I resized to 80 high and 160 wide as you stated
                you used, and still I get the same result. "BL" stays on the same line,
                lines only get re-indented.

                > Also, I used this line windows command to start vim:
                > vim -u NONE -U NONE fileinwin32
                > In this case the paragraphs are not indented,

                Because 'autoindent' is not set.

                > but word "BL," is added,
                > after execution of vim normal command, and the word "BL," appears two times.
                >

                When I do this, using vim -u NONE -U NONE -i NONE, I get no change in
                the text at all. Somehow, and I have no idea why, gw} for you is
                acting as if 'textwidth' or 'wrapmargin' is set to some value which puts
                "BL," past the boundary where Vim will wrap lines. As far as I can tell,
                unless you've accidentally omitted some of your config, you do not set
                these values.

                What does :scriptnames show after you launch Vim and your command fails?

                --
                --
                You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
                Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                ---
                You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
                To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
                For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
              • Zulox4
                ... C: Scripts vim20130714_018 vim runtime syntax syntax.vim C: Scripts vim20130714_018 vim runtime syntax synload.vim
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 17, 2013
                  On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:47:09 PM UTC+2, Ben Fritz wrote:
                  > On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:29:19 PM UTC-5, v...@... wrote:
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > I tested with vim 7.3.822 on win7 this config:
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > :ver
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Jul 17 2013 03:39:13)
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > MS-Windows 32-bit console version
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > Included patches: 1-822
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > Compiled by g_user7@win7-PC
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > Huge version without GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > [SNIP]
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > vimrc file used:
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > " http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/starting.html#vimrc
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > set nocompatible " use vim defaults
                  >
                  > > set scrolloff=3 " keep 3 lines when scrolling
                  >
                  > > set ai " set auto-indenting on for programming
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > set showcmd " display incomplete commands
                  >
                  > > set nobackup " do not keep a backup file
                  >
                  > > set number " show line numbers
                  >
                  > > set ruler " show the current row and column
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > set hlsearch " highlight searches
                  >
                  > > set incsearch " do incremental searching
                  >
                  > > set showmatch " jump to matches when entering regexp
                  >
                  > > set ignorecase " ignore case when searching
                  >
                  > > set smartcase " no ignorecase if Uppercase char present
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > set visualbell t_vb= " turn off error beep/flash
                  >
                  > > set novisualbell " turn off visual bell
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > set backspace=indent,eol,start " make that backspace key work the way it should
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > syntax on " turn syntax highlighting on by default
                  >
                  > > filetype on " detect type of file
                  >
                  > > filetype indent on " load indent file for specific file type
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > set t_RV= " http://bugs.debian.org/608242, http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/9770ea844cec3282
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > I copied this .vimrc into %TEMP%\test_vimrc.vim and ran Vim using:
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > vim -N --noplugin -u %TEMP%\test_vimrc.vim -U NONE -i NONE
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > > After executed the vim normal command on fileinwin32 input file:
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > :%no<S-Tab>!Y6r gw}Vp<CR>
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  > > with the config above, in last paragraph of buffer, the word "BL" is
                  >
                  > > repeated on the next line and "connotation" is pushed on next line.
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > I could not reproduce the problem. "BL" stays on the same line when I do
                  >
                  > it. I realized my terminal window was set to 25 characters in height, 80
                  >
                  > characters in width, so I resized to 80 high and 160 wide as you stated
                  >
                  > you used, and still I get the same result. "BL" stays on the same line,
                  >
                  > lines only get re-indented.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > > Also, I used this line windows command to start vim:
                  >
                  > > vim -u NONE -U NONE fileinwin32
                  >
                  > > In this case the paragraphs are not indented,
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Because 'autoindent' is not set.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > > but word "BL," is added,
                  >
                  > > after execution of vim normal command, and the word "BL," appears two times.
                  >
                  > >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > When I do this, using vim -u NONE -U NONE -i NONE, I get no change in
                  >
                  > the text at all. Somehow, and I have no idea why, gw} for you is
                  >
                  > acting as if 'textwidth' or 'wrapmargin' is set to some value which puts
                  >
                  > "BL," past the boundary where Vim will wrap lines. As far as I can tell,
                  >
                  > unless you've accidentally omitted some of your config, you do not set
                  >
                  > these values.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > What does :scriptnames show after you launch Vim and your command fails?

                  C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\syntax.vim
                  C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\synload.vim
                  C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\syncolor.vim
                  C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\filetype.vim
                  C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\indent.vim
                  C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\markdown.vim
                  C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\html.vim
                  C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\javascript.vim
                  C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\vb.vim
                  C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\css.vim

                  I aslo did:

                  :set
                  --- Options ---
                  autoindent hlsearch noloadplugins scroll=39 smartcase updatecount=0
                  filetype=markdown ignorecase number scrolloff=3 syntax=markdown t_vb=
                  helplang=fr incsearch ruler showmatch ttyfast
                  backspace=indent,eol,start

                  With the configs above, the normal command, does't work.

                  But today I tested on another windows 7 desktop (vim 7.4a.023 compiled on machine where doesn't work) and on the new machine the normal command for "hanging indent" works: The options on this win7 are:

                  :set
                  --- Options ---
                  autoindent helplang=fr ignorecase modified ruler scrolloff=3 showmatch ttyfast
                  encoding=utf-8 hlsearch incsearch number scroll=34 shiftwidth=3 smartcase t_vb=
                  backspace=indent,eol,start
                  fileencoding=utf-8
                  fileencodings=ucs-bom,utf-8,default,latin1

                  I think that the problem is result of "fileencoding" or "utf8 encoding" options.

                  I found another problem:

                  1. I have 1 line in the buffer:
                  s\x6fme\tt\x65xt\n\"Sa\155ba\u201d: \\\\net\\share

                  2.After these commands

                  c}<C-R>="<C-R>""<CR>

                  the result in the buffer must change to ( on two lines):

                  some text
                  "Samba”: \\net\share

                  But in my win32 vim version the char ” ( unicode \u201d ) after word Samba disappear.

                  When setting set encoding=utf8, the commands works as expected, also the "hanging indent" commands.

                  Could have vim initialize in windows like in linux encoding to utf8 by default?

                  Thanks a lot !

                  --
                  --
                  You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
                  Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                  For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                  ---
                  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
                  To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
                  For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
                • Ben Fritz
                  ... AHA! Now I know why I could not reproduce. I copy-pasted from my browser instead of actually downloading the file. When I copy-paste, Vim happily pasts the
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 17, 2013
                    On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 2:51:24 PM UTC-5, Zulox4 wrote:
                    >
                    > I think that the problem is result of "fileencoding" or "utf8 encoding" options.
                    >
                    > I found another problem:
                    >
                    > 1. I have 1 line in the buffer:
                    > s\x6fme\tt\x65xt\n\"Sa\155ba\u201d: \\\\net\\share
                    >
                    > 2.After these commands
                    >
                    > c}<C-R>="<C-R>""<CR>
                    >
                    > the result in the buffer must change to ( on two lines):
                    >
                    > some text
                    >
                    > "Samba”: \\net\share
                    >
                    > But in my win32 vim version the char ” ( unicode \u201d ) after word Samba disappear.
                    >
                    > When setting set encoding=utf8, the commands works as expected, also the "hanging indent" commands.
                    >
                    >

                    AHA! Now I know why I could not reproduce. I copy-pasted from my browser instead of actually downloading the file. When I copy-paste, Vim happily pasts the text, even if it cannot save it in the default Latin1 encoding. But when I load a file with utf-8 characters as Latin1 encoding, the fancy quotes in your input file show up as two characters instead of just one in Vim.

                    Thus, the line ending in "BL," becomes just long enough that Vim wraps it when reformatting, since the line now has 2 extra characters.

                    >
                    > Could have vim initialize in windows like in linux encoding to utf8 by default?
                    >

                    Please see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Working_with_Unicode

                    --
                    --
                    You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
                    Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                    For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                    ---
                    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
                    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
                    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
                  • Zulox4
                    ... I would like to initialize in vim (code), like the linux version, not with vimrc file config. Thanks for helping ! -- -- You received this message from
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 17, 2013
                      On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 11:31:25 PM UTC+2, Ben Fritz wrote:
                      > On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 2:51:24 PM UTC-5, Zulox4 wrote:
                      >
                      > >
                      >
                      > > I think that the problem is result of "fileencoding" or "utf8 encoding" options.
                      >
                      > >
                      >
                      > > I found another problem:
                      >
                      > >
                      >
                      > > 1. I have 1 line in the buffer:
                      >
                      > > s\x6fme\tt\x65xt\n\"Sa\155ba\u201d: \\\\net\\share
                      >
                      > >
                      >
                      > > 2.After these commands
                      >
                      > >
                      >
                      > > c}<C-R>="<C-R>""<CR>
                      >
                      > >
                      >
                      > > the result in the buffer must change to ( on two lines):
                      >
                      > >
                      >
                      > > some text
                      >
                      > >
                      >
                      > > "Samba”: \\net\share
                      >
                      > >
                      >
                      > > But in my win32 vim version the char ” ( unicode \u201d ) after word Samba disappear.
                      >
                      > >
                      >
                      > > When setting set encoding=utf8, the commands works as expected, also the "hanging indent" commands.
                      >
                      > >
                      >
                      > >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > AHA! Now I know why I could not reproduce. I copy-pasted from my browser instead of actually downloading the file. When I copy-paste, Vim happily pasts the text, even if it cannot save it in the default Latin1 encoding. But when I load a file with utf-8 characters as Latin1 encoding, the fancy quotes in your input file show up as two characters instead of just one in Vim.
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > Thus, the line ending in "BL," becomes just long enough that Vim wraps it when reformatting, since the line now has 2 extra characters.
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > >
                      >
                      > > Could have vim initialize in windows like in linux encoding to utf8 by default?
                      >
                      > >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > Please see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Working_with_Unicode

                      I would like to initialize in vim (code), like the linux version, not with "vimrc" file config.
                      Thanks for helping !

                      --
                      --
                      You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
                      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                      ---
                      You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
                      To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
                      For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
                    • Ben Fritz
                      ... Vim gets its default encoding setting by reading your system environment. I have no idea on the details, but if I understand correctly, your Windows
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 18, 2013
                        On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:42:28 PM UTC-5, Zulox4 wrote:
                        > > Please see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Working_with_Unicode
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > I would like to initialize in vim (code), like the linux version, not with "vimrc" file config.
                        >
                        > Thanks for helping !

                        Vim gets its default 'encoding' setting by reading your system environment. I have no idea on the details, but if I understand correctly, your Windows Locale is the determining factor on Windows. If you want to work with something different, you need to set it up in your .vimrc.

                        --
                        --
                        You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
                        Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                        For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                        ---
                        You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
                        To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
                        For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
                      • vim@...
                        Updates: Status: Invalid Comment #4 on issue 150 by chrisbr...@googlemail.com: same normal cmds on linux and windows
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 11 1:44 PM
                          Updates:
                          Status: Invalid

                          Comment #4 on issue 150 by chrisbr...@...: same normal cmds on
                          linux and windows
                          https://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150

                          I can't see a difference, starting from vim -u NONE -N --cmd ':set
                          autoindent' and 1 80 column wide window in Windows and 1 80 column wide
                          window in Linux. Therefore closing as invalid.

                          --
                          You received this message because this project is configured to send all
                          issue notifications to this address.
                          You may adjust your notification preferences at:
                          https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

                          --
                          --
                          You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
                          Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                          For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                          ---
                          You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
                          To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
                          For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
                        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.