Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Issue 150 in vim: same normal cmds on linux and windows

Expand Messages
  • vim@...
    Status: New Owner: ---- Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium New issue 150 by Zulolox4...@gmail.com: same normal cmds on linux and windows
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 15, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Status: New
      Owner: ----
      Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

      New issue 150 by Zulolox4...@...: same normal cmds on linux and
      windows
      http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150

      What steps will reproduce the problem?
      1.Open the file fileinlinux (attached) in vim :
      2.Execute the vim command

      :%no<S-Tab>!Y6r gw}Vp<CR>

      3.after the command the result file fileoutlinux is attached

      What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
      The command works well on linux but not on windows.
      I will update the issue with windows version of in and out files.

      What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
      7.4a.024 on linux , 7.4a.023 on windows

      Please provide any additional information below.

      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4a BETA (2013 Jul 6, compiled Jul 16 2013 01:39:07)
      Included patches: 1-24
      Compiled by root@g_VBox_xubuntu
      Huge version without GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
      +arabic +file_in_path +mouse_sgr +tag_binary
      +autocmd +find_in_path -mouse_sysmouse +tag_old_static
      -balloon_eval +float +mouse_urxvt -tag_any_white
      -browse +folding +mouse_xterm -tcl
      ++builtin_terms -footer +multi_byte +terminfo
      +byte_offset +fork() +multi_lang +termresponse
      +cindent -gettext -mzscheme +textobjects
      -clientserver -hangul_input +netbeans_intg +title
      -clipboard +iconv +path_extra -toolbar
      +cmdline_compl +insert_expand -perl +user_commands
      +cmdline_hist +jumplist +persistent_undo +vertsplit
      +cmdline_info +keymap +postscript +virtualedit
      +comments +langmap +printer +visual
      +conceal +libcall +profile +visualextra
      +cryptv +linebreak -python +viminfo
      +cscope +lispindent -python3 +vreplace
      +cursorbind +listcmds +quickfix +wildignore
      +cursorshape +localmap +reltime +wildmenu
      +dialog_con -lua +rightleft +windows
      +diff +menu -ruby +writebackup
      +digraphs +mksession +scrollbind -X11
      -dnd +modify_fname +signs -xfontset
      -ebcdic +mouse +smartindent -xim
      +emacs_tags -mouseshape -sniff -xsmp
      +eval +mouse_dec +startuptime -xterm_clipboard
      +ex_extra -mouse_gpm +statusline -xterm_save
      +extra_search -mouse_jsbterm -sun_workshop
      +farsi +mouse_netterm +syntax
      system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
      user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"
      2nd user vimrc file: "~/.vim/vimrc"
      user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"
      fall-back for $VIM: "/usr/local/share/vim"
      Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/local/include -g
      -O2 -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1
      Linking: gcc -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,--as-needed -o vim -lm -ltinfo
      -lnsl -ldl

      Attachments:
      fileinlinux 647 bytes
      fileoutlinux 678 bytes

      --
      You received this message because this project is configured to send all
      issue notifications to this address.
      You may adjust your notification preferences at:
      https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

      --
      --
      You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

      ---
      You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
      To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
      For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
    • vim@...
      Comment #1 on issue 150 by Zulolox4...@gmail.com: same normal cmds on linux and windows http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150 In windows the input
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 15, 2013
      • 0 Attachment
        Comment #1 on issue 150 by Zulolox4...@...: same normal cmds on linux
        and windows
        http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150

        In windows the input file : fileinwin32 and output, after command:
        fileoutwin32, attached.

        The vim win32 version tested on:

        VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4a BETA (2013 Jul 6, compiled Jul 14 2013 14:36:09)
        MS-Windows 32-bit console version
        Included patches: 1-23
        Compiled by g_user@os-PC-WIN7-64
        Huge version without GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
        +arabic +cmdline_info -ebcdic -gettext
        +localmap +path_extra -ruby -tag_any_white
        +visualextra
        +autocmd +comments +emacs_tags -hangul_input
        -lua -perl +scrollbind -tcl +viminfo
        -balloon_eval +conceal +eval +iconv/dyn
        +menu +persistent_undo +signs -tgetent
        +vreplace
        -browse +cryptv +ex_extra +insert_expand
        +mksession -postscript +smartindent -termresponse
        +wildignore
        ++builtin_terms +cscope +extra_search +jumplist
        +modify_fname +printer -sniff +textobjects
        +wildmenu
        +byte_offset +cursorbind +farsi +keymap
        +mouse +profile +startuptime +title +windows
        +cindent +cursorshape +file_in_path +langmap
        -mouseshape -python +statusline -toolbar
        +writebackup
        +clientserver +dialog_con +find_in_path +libcall
        +multi_byte -python3 -sun_workshop +user_commands
        -xfontset
        +clipboard +diff +float +linebreak
        +multi_lang +quickfix +syntax +vertsplit -xim
        +cmdline_compl +digraphs +folding +lispindent
        -mzscheme +reltime +tag_binary +virtualedit
        -xterm_save
        +cmdline_hist -dnd -footer +listcmds
        -netbeans_intg +rightleft +tag_old_static +visual -xpm_w32
        system vimrc file: "$VIM\vimrc"
        user vimrc file: "$HOME\_vimrc"
        2nd user vimrc file: "$HOME\vimfiles\vimrc"
        3rd user vimrc file: "$VIM\_vimrc"
        user exrc file: "$HOME\_exrc"
        2nd user exrc file: "$VIM\_exrc"
        Compilation: cl -c /W3 /nologo -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_PATHDEF -DWIN32
        -DFEAT_CSCOPE -DWINVER=0x0400 -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0400 /Fo.\ObjCi386/
        /Ox /GL -DNDEBUG
        /Zl /MT -DFEAT_MBYTE -DDYNAMIC_ICONV -DFEAT_HUGE /Fd.\ObjCi386/ /Zi
        Linking: link /RELEASE /nologo /subsystem:console /LTCG:STATUS oldnames.lib
        kernel32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib gdi32.lib comdlg32.lib ole32.lib
        uuid.lib /ma
        chine:i386 /nodefaultlib libcmt.lib user32.lib /PDB:vim.pdb
        -debug

        Attachments:
        fileinwin32 661 bytes
        fileoutwin32 704 bytes

        --
        You received this message because this project is configured to send all
        issue notifications to this address.
        You may adjust your notification preferences at:
        https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

        --
        --
        You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
        Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
        For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

        ---
        You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
        To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
        For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
      • vim@...
        Comment #2 on issue 150 by fritzoph...@gmail.com: same normal cmds on linux and windows http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150 I can t reproduce the
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 16, 2013
        • 0 Attachment
          Comment #2 on issue 150 by fritzoph...@...: same normal cmds on linux
          and windows
          http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150

          I can't reproduce the problem. On Windows 7.3.822 using your command, I get
          the same text you got in Linux.

          Actually, you missed a step. You need to set autoindent before running your
          command.

          Also, your result depends on either the value of 'textwidth', or the window
          size if 'textwidth' is zero. Are you sure your 'textwidth' setting is the
          same in each instance? How about the window size? What does ":set columns?"
          say in each of your Vims?

          That's a clever way to add a hanging indent, by the way. I'll need to
          remember that.

          But note, maybe you just want to set up 'formatlistpat' instead, and set
          fo+=n.

          --
          You received this message because this project is configured to send all
          issue notifications to this address.
          You may adjust your notification preferences at:
          https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

          --
          --
          You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
          Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
          For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

          ---
          You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
          To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
          For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
        • Zulox4
          ... All the options set in vim (.vimrc) are the same for windows os and linux os versions, these : set nocompatible use vim defaults set scrolloff=3
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 16, 2013
          • 0 Attachment
            On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:25:33 PM UTC+2, v...@... wrote:
            > Comment #2 on issue 150 by fritzoph...@...: same normal cmds on linux
            >
            > and windows
            >
            > http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150
            >
            >
            >
            > I can't reproduce the problem. On Windows 7.3.822 using your command, I get
            >
            > the same text you got in Linux.
            >
            >
            >
            > Actually, you missed a step. You need to set autoindent before running your
            >
            > command.
            >
            >
            >
            > Also, your result depends on either the value of 'textwidth', or the window
            >
            > size if 'textwidth' is zero. Are you sure your 'textwidth' setting is the
            >
            > same in each instance? How about the window size? What does ":set columns?"
            >
            > say in each of your Vims?
            >
            >
            >
            > That's a clever way to add a hanging indent, by the way. I'll need to
            >
            > remember that.
            >
            >
            >
            > But note, maybe you just want to set up 'formatlistpat' instead, and set
            >
            > fo+=n.
            >
            >
            >
            > --
            >
            > You received this message because this project is configured to send all
            >
            > issue notifications to this address.
            >
            > You may adjust your notification preferences at:
            >
            > https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

            All the options set in vim (.vimrc) are the same for windows os and linux os versions, these :

            set nocompatible " use vim defaults
            set scrolloff=3 " keep 3 lines when scrolling
            set ai " set auto-indenting on for programming

            set showcmd " display incomplete commands
            set nobackup " do not keep a backup file
            set number " show line numbers
            set ruler " show the current row and column

            set hlsearch " highlight searches
            set incsearch " do incremental searching
            set showmatch " jump to matches when entering regexp
            set ignorecase " ignore case when searching
            set smartcase " no ignorecase if Uppercase char present

            set visualbell t_vb= " turn off error beep/flash
            set novisualbell " turn off visual bell

            set backspace=indent,eol,start " make that backspace key work the way it should

            syntax on " turn syntax highlighting on by default
            filetype on " detect type of file
            filetype indent on " load indent file for specific file type

            set t_RV= " http://bugs.debian.org/608242, http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/9770ea844cec3282


            I don't use gui version, the size of my window console (cmd) is 160 chars width chars and 80 chars heigth.
            Thanks !

            --
            --
            You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
            Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
            For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

            ---
            You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
            To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
            For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
          • Zulox4
            ... I tested on win7 vim 7.3.762 and 7.3.960 and i have same problem. For the output file, after the normal commnd, only linux file is good (the target file,
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 16, 2013
            • 0 Attachment
              On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:25:33 PM UTC+2, v...@... wrote:
              > Comment #2 on issue 150 by fritzoph...@...: same normal cmds on linux
              >
              > and windows
              >
              > http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150
              >
              >
              >
              > I can't reproduce the problem. On Windows 7.3.822 using your command, I get
              >
              > the same text you got in Linux.
              >
              >
              >
              > Actually, you missed a step. You need to set autoindent before running your
              >
              > command.
              >
              >
              >
              > Also, your result depends on either the value of 'textwidth', or the window
              >
              > size if 'textwidth' is zero. Are you sure your 'textwidth' setting is the
              >
              > same in each instance? How about the window size? What does ":set columns?"
              >
              > say in each of your Vims?
              >
              >
              >
              > That's a clever way to add a hanging indent, by the way. I'll need to
              >
              > remember that.
              >
              >
              >
              > But note, maybe you just want to set up 'formatlistpat' instead, and set
              >
              > fo+=n.
              >
              >
              >
              > --
              >
              > You received this message because this project is configured to send all
              >
              > issue notifications to this address.
              >
              > You may adjust your notification preferences at:
              >
              > https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

              I tested on win7 vim 7.3.762 and 7.3.960 and i have same problem.
              For the output file, after the normal commnd, only linux file is good (the target file, also for windows version) fileoutlinux, was attached.
              The fileoutwin32 ( 704 bytes ) is a wrong file that is was generated with vim 7.4a.023. I tested also with 7.3.960 and 7.3.762 on windows, and have same wrong result. In all cases I used the vimrc, I pasted, few hours ago.
              Thanks!

              --
              --
              You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
              Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
              For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

              ---
              You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
              To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
              For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
            • vim@...
              Comment #3 on issue 150 by Zulolox4...@gmail.com: same normal cmds on linux and windows http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150 ... VIM - Vi IMproved
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 16, 2013
              • 0 Attachment
                Comment #3 on issue 150 by Zulolox4...@...: same normal cmds on linux
                and windows
                http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150

                I tested with vim 7.3.822 on win7 this config:
                :ver
                VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Jul 17 2013 03:39:13)
                MS-Windows 32-bit console version
                Included patches: 1-822
                Compiled by g_user7@win7-PC
                Huge version without GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
                +arabic +autocmd -balloon_eval -browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset
                +cindent +clientserver +clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist
                +cmdline_info +comments
                +conceal +cryptv +cscope +cursorbind +cursorshape +dialog_con +diff
                +digraphs -dnd -ebcdic +emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra +extra_search +farsi
                +file_in_path
                +find_in_path +float +folding -footer -gettext -hangul_input +iconv/dyn
                +insert_expand +jumplist +keymap +langmap +libcall +linebreak +lispindent
                +listcmds
                +localmap -lua +menu +mksession +modify_fname +mouse -mouseshape
                +multi_byte +multi_lang -mzscheme -netbeans_intg +path_extra -perl
                +persistent_undo
                -postscript +printer +profile -python -python3 +quickfix +reltime
                +rightleft -ruby +scrollbind +signs +smartindent -sniff +startuptime
                +statusline
                -sun_workshop +syntax +tag_binary +tag_old_static -tag_any_white -tcl
                -tgetent -termresponse +textobjects +title -toolbar +user_commands
                +vertsplit
                +virtualedit +visual +visualextra +viminfo +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu
                +windows +writebackup -xfontset -xim -xterm_save -xpm_w32
                system vimrc file: "$VIM\vimrc"
                user vimrc file: "$HOME\_vimrc"
                2nd user vimrc file: "$VIM\_vimrc"
                user exrc file: "$HOME\_exrc"
                2nd user exrc file: "$VIM\_exrc"
                Compilation: cl -c /W3 /nologo -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_PATHDEF -DWIN32
                -DFEAT_CSCOPE -DWINVER=0x0400 -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0400 /Fo.\ObjCi386/
                /Ox /GL -DNDEBUG
                /Zl /MT -DFEAT_MBYTE -DDYNAMIC_ICONV -DFEAT_HUGE /Fd.\ObjCi386/ /Zi
                Linking: link /RELEASE /nologo /subsystem:console /LTCG:STATUS oldnames.lib
                kernel32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib gdi32.lib comdlg32.lib ole32.lib
                uuid.lib /ma
                chine:i386 /nodefaultlib libcmt.lib user32.lib /PDB:vim.pdb
                -debug

                vimrc file used:

                " http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/starting.html#vimrc

                set nocompatible " use vim defaults
                set scrolloff=3 " keep 3 lines when scrolling
                set ai " set auto-indenting on for programming

                set showcmd " display incomplete commands
                set nobackup " do not keep a backup file
                set number " show line numbers
                set ruler " show the current row and column

                set hlsearch " highlight searches
                set incsearch " do incremental searching
                set showmatch " jump to matches when entering regexp
                set ignorecase " ignore case when searching
                set smartcase " no ignorecase if Uppercase char present

                set visualbell t_vb= " turn off error beep/flash
                set novisualbell " turn off visual bell

                set backspace=indent,eol,start " make that backspace key work the way it
                should

                syntax on " turn syntax highlighting on by default
                filetype on " detect type of file
                filetype indent on " load indent file for specific file type

                set t_RV= " http://bugs.debian.org/608242,
                http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/9770ea844cec3282

                After executed the vim normal command on fileinwin32 input file:

                :%no<S-Tab>!Y6r gw}Vp<CR>

                with the config above, in last paragraph of buffer, the word "BL" is
                repeated on the next line and "connotation" is pushed on next line.

                Also, I used this line windows command to start vim:
                vim -u NONE -U NONE fileinwin32
                In this case the paragraphs are not indented, but word "BL," is added,
                after execution of vim normal command, and the word "BL," appears two times.

                --
                You received this message because this project is configured to send all
                issue notifications to this address.
                You may adjust your notification preferences at:
                https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

                --
                --
                You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
                Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                ---
                You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
                To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
                For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
              • Ben Fritz
                ... I copied this .vimrc into %TEMP% test_vimrc.vim and ran Vim using: vim -N --noplugin -u %TEMP% test_vimrc.vim -U NONE -i NONE ... I could not reproduce the
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 17, 2013
                • 0 Attachment
                  On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:29:19 PM UTC-5, v...@... wrote:
                  >
                  > I tested with vim 7.3.822 on win7 this config:
                  >
                  > :ver
                  >
                  > VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Jul 17 2013 03:39:13)
                  >
                  > MS-Windows 32-bit console version
                  >
                  > Included patches: 1-822
                  >
                  > Compiled by g_user7@win7-PC
                  >
                  > Huge version without GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
                  >
                  > [SNIP]
                  >
                  > vimrc file used:
                  >
                  >
                  > " http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/starting.html#vimrc
                  >
                  > set nocompatible " use vim defaults
                  > set scrolloff=3 " keep 3 lines when scrolling
                  > set ai " set auto-indenting on for programming
                  >
                  > set showcmd " display incomplete commands
                  > set nobackup " do not keep a backup file
                  > set number " show line numbers
                  > set ruler " show the current row and column
                  >
                  > set hlsearch " highlight searches
                  > set incsearch " do incremental searching
                  > set showmatch " jump to matches when entering regexp
                  > set ignorecase " ignore case when searching
                  > set smartcase " no ignorecase if Uppercase char present
                  >
                  > set visualbell t_vb= " turn off error beep/flash
                  > set novisualbell " turn off visual bell
                  >
                  > set backspace=indent,eol,start " make that backspace key work the way it should
                  >
                  > syntax on " turn syntax highlighting on by default
                  > filetype on " detect type of file
                  > filetype indent on " load indent file for specific file type
                  >
                  > set t_RV= " http://bugs.debian.org/608242, http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/9770ea844cec3282
                  >

                  I copied this .vimrc into %TEMP%\test_vimrc.vim and ran Vim using:

                  vim -N --noplugin -u %TEMP%\test_vimrc.vim -U NONE -i NONE

                  > After executed the vim normal command on fileinwin32 input file:
                  >
                  > :%no<S-Tab>!Y6r gw}Vp<CR>
                  >
                  > with the config above, in last paragraph of buffer, the word "BL" is
                  > repeated on the next line and "connotation" is pushed on next line.
                  >

                  I could not reproduce the problem. "BL" stays on the same line when I do
                  it. I realized my terminal window was set to 25 characters in height, 80
                  characters in width, so I resized to 80 high and 160 wide as you stated
                  you used, and still I get the same result. "BL" stays on the same line,
                  lines only get re-indented.

                  > Also, I used this line windows command to start vim:
                  > vim -u NONE -U NONE fileinwin32
                  > In this case the paragraphs are not indented,

                  Because 'autoindent' is not set.

                  > but word "BL," is added,
                  > after execution of vim normal command, and the word "BL," appears two times.
                  >

                  When I do this, using vim -u NONE -U NONE -i NONE, I get no change in
                  the text at all. Somehow, and I have no idea why, gw} for you is
                  acting as if 'textwidth' or 'wrapmargin' is set to some value which puts
                  "BL," past the boundary where Vim will wrap lines. As far as I can tell,
                  unless you've accidentally omitted some of your config, you do not set
                  these values.

                  What does :scriptnames show after you launch Vim and your command fails?

                  --
                  --
                  You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
                  Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                  For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                  ---
                  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
                  To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
                  For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
                • Zulox4
                  ... C: Scripts vim20130714_018 vim runtime syntax syntax.vim C: Scripts vim20130714_018 vim runtime syntax synload.vim
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 17, 2013
                  • 0 Attachment
                    On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:47:09 PM UTC+2, Ben Fritz wrote:
                    > On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:29:19 PM UTC-5, v...@... wrote:
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > I tested with vim 7.3.822 on win7 this config:
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > :ver
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Jul 17 2013 03:39:13)
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > MS-Windows 32-bit console version
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > Included patches: 1-822
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > Compiled by g_user7@win7-PC
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > Huge version without GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > [SNIP]
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > vimrc file used:
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > " http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/starting.html#vimrc
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > set nocompatible " use vim defaults
                    >
                    > > set scrolloff=3 " keep 3 lines when scrolling
                    >
                    > > set ai " set auto-indenting on for programming
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > set showcmd " display incomplete commands
                    >
                    > > set nobackup " do not keep a backup file
                    >
                    > > set number " show line numbers
                    >
                    > > set ruler " show the current row and column
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > set hlsearch " highlight searches
                    >
                    > > set incsearch " do incremental searching
                    >
                    > > set showmatch " jump to matches when entering regexp
                    >
                    > > set ignorecase " ignore case when searching
                    >
                    > > set smartcase " no ignorecase if Uppercase char present
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > set visualbell t_vb= " turn off error beep/flash
                    >
                    > > set novisualbell " turn off visual bell
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > set backspace=indent,eol,start " make that backspace key work the way it should
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > syntax on " turn syntax highlighting on by default
                    >
                    > > filetype on " detect type of file
                    >
                    > > filetype indent on " load indent file for specific file type
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > set t_RV= " http://bugs.debian.org/608242, http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/9770ea844cec3282
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > I copied this .vimrc into %TEMP%\test_vimrc.vim and ran Vim using:
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > vim -N --noplugin -u %TEMP%\test_vimrc.vim -U NONE -i NONE
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > > After executed the vim normal command on fileinwin32 input file:
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > :%no<S-Tab>!Y6r gw}Vp<CR>
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    > > with the config above, in last paragraph of buffer, the word "BL" is
                    >
                    > > repeated on the next line and "connotation" is pushed on next line.
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > I could not reproduce the problem. "BL" stays on the same line when I do
                    >
                    > it. I realized my terminal window was set to 25 characters in height, 80
                    >
                    > characters in width, so I resized to 80 high and 160 wide as you stated
                    >
                    > you used, and still I get the same result. "BL" stays on the same line,
                    >
                    > lines only get re-indented.
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > > Also, I used this line windows command to start vim:
                    >
                    > > vim -u NONE -U NONE fileinwin32
                    >
                    > > In this case the paragraphs are not indented,
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > Because 'autoindent' is not set.
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > > but word "BL," is added,
                    >
                    > > after execution of vim normal command, and the word "BL," appears two times.
                    >
                    > >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > When I do this, using vim -u NONE -U NONE -i NONE, I get no change in
                    >
                    > the text at all. Somehow, and I have no idea why, gw} for you is
                    >
                    > acting as if 'textwidth' or 'wrapmargin' is set to some value which puts
                    >
                    > "BL," past the boundary where Vim will wrap lines. As far as I can tell,
                    >
                    > unless you've accidentally omitted some of your config, you do not set
                    >
                    > these values.
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > What does :scriptnames show after you launch Vim and your command fails?

                    C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\syntax.vim
                    C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\synload.vim
                    C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\syncolor.vim
                    C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\filetype.vim
                    C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\indent.vim
                    C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\markdown.vim
                    C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\html.vim
                    C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\javascript.vim
                    C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\vb.vim
                    C:\Scripts\vim20130714_018\vim\runtime\syntax\css.vim

                    I aslo did:

                    :set
                    --- Options ---
                    autoindent hlsearch noloadplugins scroll=39 smartcase updatecount=0
                    filetype=markdown ignorecase number scrolloff=3 syntax=markdown t_vb=
                    helplang=fr incsearch ruler showmatch ttyfast
                    backspace=indent,eol,start

                    With the configs above, the normal command, does't work.

                    But today I tested on another windows 7 desktop (vim 7.4a.023 compiled on machine where doesn't work) and on the new machine the normal command for "hanging indent" works: The options on this win7 are:

                    :set
                    --- Options ---
                    autoindent helplang=fr ignorecase modified ruler scrolloff=3 showmatch ttyfast
                    encoding=utf-8 hlsearch incsearch number scroll=34 shiftwidth=3 smartcase t_vb=
                    backspace=indent,eol,start
                    fileencoding=utf-8
                    fileencodings=ucs-bom,utf-8,default,latin1

                    I think that the problem is result of "fileencoding" or "utf8 encoding" options.

                    I found another problem:

                    1. I have 1 line in the buffer:
                    s\x6fme\tt\x65xt\n\"Sa\155ba\u201d: \\\\net\\share

                    2.After these commands

                    c}<C-R>="<C-R>""<CR>

                    the result in the buffer must change to ( on two lines):

                    some text
                    "Samba”: \\net\share

                    But in my win32 vim version the char ” ( unicode \u201d ) after word Samba disappear.

                    When setting set encoding=utf8, the commands works as expected, also the "hanging indent" commands.

                    Could have vim initialize in windows like in linux encoding to utf8 by default?

                    Thanks a lot !

                    --
                    --
                    You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
                    Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                    For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                    ---
                    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
                    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
                    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
                  • Ben Fritz
                    ... AHA! Now I know why I could not reproduce. I copy-pasted from my browser instead of actually downloading the file. When I copy-paste, Vim happily pasts the
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 17, 2013
                    • 0 Attachment
                      On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 2:51:24 PM UTC-5, Zulox4 wrote:
                      >
                      > I think that the problem is result of "fileencoding" or "utf8 encoding" options.
                      >
                      > I found another problem:
                      >
                      > 1. I have 1 line in the buffer:
                      > s\x6fme\tt\x65xt\n\"Sa\155ba\u201d: \\\\net\\share
                      >
                      > 2.After these commands
                      >
                      > c}<C-R>="<C-R>""<CR>
                      >
                      > the result in the buffer must change to ( on two lines):
                      >
                      > some text
                      >
                      > "Samba”: \\net\share
                      >
                      > But in my win32 vim version the char ” ( unicode \u201d ) after word Samba disappear.
                      >
                      > When setting set encoding=utf8, the commands works as expected, also the "hanging indent" commands.
                      >
                      >

                      AHA! Now I know why I could not reproduce. I copy-pasted from my browser instead of actually downloading the file. When I copy-paste, Vim happily pasts the text, even if it cannot save it in the default Latin1 encoding. But when I load a file with utf-8 characters as Latin1 encoding, the fancy quotes in your input file show up as two characters instead of just one in Vim.

                      Thus, the line ending in "BL," becomes just long enough that Vim wraps it when reformatting, since the line now has 2 extra characters.

                      >
                      > Could have vim initialize in windows like in linux encoding to utf8 by default?
                      >

                      Please see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Working_with_Unicode

                      --
                      --
                      You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
                      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                      ---
                      You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
                      To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
                      For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
                    • Zulox4
                      ... I would like to initialize in vim (code), like the linux version, not with vimrc file config. Thanks for helping ! -- -- You received this message from
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 17, 2013
                      • 0 Attachment
                        On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 11:31:25 PM UTC+2, Ben Fritz wrote:
                        > On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 2:51:24 PM UTC-5, Zulox4 wrote:
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > I think that the problem is result of "fileencoding" or "utf8 encoding" options.
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > I found another problem:
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > 1. I have 1 line in the buffer:
                        >
                        > > s\x6fme\tt\x65xt\n\"Sa\155ba\u201d: \\\\net\\share
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > 2.After these commands
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > c}<C-R>="<C-R>""<CR>
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > the result in the buffer must change to ( on two lines):
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > some text
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > "Samba”: \\net\share
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > But in my win32 vim version the char ” ( unicode \u201d ) after word Samba disappear.
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > When setting set encoding=utf8, the commands works as expected, also the "hanging indent" commands.
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > AHA! Now I know why I could not reproduce. I copy-pasted from my browser instead of actually downloading the file. When I copy-paste, Vim happily pasts the text, even if it cannot save it in the default Latin1 encoding. But when I load a file with utf-8 characters as Latin1 encoding, the fancy quotes in your input file show up as two characters instead of just one in Vim.
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > Thus, the line ending in "BL," becomes just long enough that Vim wraps it when reformatting, since the line now has 2 extra characters.
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > Could have vim initialize in windows like in linux encoding to utf8 by default?
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > Please see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Working_with_Unicode

                        I would like to initialize in vim (code), like the linux version, not with "vimrc" file config.
                        Thanks for helping !

                        --
                        --
                        You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
                        Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                        For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                        ---
                        You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
                        To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
                        For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
                      • Ben Fritz
                        ... Vim gets its default encoding setting by reading your system environment. I have no idea on the details, but if I understand correctly, your Windows
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 18, 2013
                        • 0 Attachment
                          On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:42:28 PM UTC-5, Zulox4 wrote:
                          > > Please see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Working_with_Unicode
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          > I would like to initialize in vim (code), like the linux version, not with "vimrc" file config.
                          >
                          > Thanks for helping !

                          Vim gets its default 'encoding' setting by reading your system environment. I have no idea on the details, but if I understand correctly, your Windows Locale is the determining factor on Windows. If you want to work with something different, you need to set it up in your .vimrc.

                          --
                          --
                          You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
                          Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                          For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                          ---
                          You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
                          To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
                          For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
                        • vim@...
                          Updates: Status: Invalid Comment #4 on issue 150 by chrisbr...@googlemail.com: same normal cmds on linux and windows
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 11, 2014
                          • 0 Attachment
                            Updates:
                            Status: Invalid

                            Comment #4 on issue 150 by chrisbr...@...: same normal cmds on
                            linux and windows
                            https://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150

                            I can't see a difference, starting from vim -u NONE -N --cmd ':set
                            autoindent' and 1 80 column wide window in Windows and 1 80 column wide
                            window in Linux. Therefore closing as invalid.

                            --
                            You received this message because this project is configured to send all
                            issue notifications to this address.
                            You may adjust your notification preferences at:
                            https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

                            --
                            --
                            You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
                            Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                            For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                            ---
                            You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
                            To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
                            For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
                          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.