Re: Patch: Remove invalid keywords from syntax/vim.vim

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 15, 2013
      ZyX wrote:

      > > I've put syntax/vim.vim version 7.4a-1 up on my website:
      > > http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#SYNTAX_VIM . I don't
      > > intend to remove the documented standard-plugin commands that are in the
      > > help (:TOhtml, etc).
      >
      > I second the glts. TOhtml and lowercase commands are different
      > elements in VimL and you can’t do anything with this. If
      > highlighting them from scratch is essential commands that match
      > '^\U\a*$' (with exception of :Next) should receive their own
      > highlighting group indicating that they are standard commands, but not
      > built-in ones. It is essential if highlight a script that is to be
      > used with `vim -u NONE -S script.vim`.

      It makes sense to highlight standard user commands differently from Vim
      commands. At least use a different highlight name. It should be easy,
      as these commands start with an upper case letter.

      --
      Are leaders born or made? And if they're made, can we return them under
      warranty?

    • Charles E Campbell
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 21, 2013
        Hello!

        Please try syntax/vim.vim at my website:
        http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#SYNTAX_VIM

        Regards,
        C Campbell

      • glts
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 28, 2013
          On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Charles E Campbell
          <drchip@...> wrote:
          > Please try syntax/vim.vim at my website:
          > http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#SYNTAX_VIM

          Better now, thanks.

          I see two remaining redundant entries, but they won't do any harm.

          dig
          dig[raph]
          star
          star[tinsert]