warnings while compiling vim 7.4a.14

  • Charles E Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2013
      Hello!

      Got two warnings:

      regexp.c: In function ‘match_follows’:
      regexp_nfa.c|3814 warning| will never be executed

      ui.c: In function ‘clip_gen_owner_exists’:
      ui.c|1471 warning| will never be executed

      Two nearly trivial patches attached.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2013
        Charles Campbell wrote:

        > Got two warnings:
        >
        > regexp.c: In function ‘match_follows’:
        > regexp_nfa.c|3814 warning| will never be executed

        Removing the "return" might trigger a warning with other compilers.
        Let's change the "for" into a "while".

        While looking at this I noticed a "break" that should be a "continue".

        > ui.c: In function ‘clip_gen_owner_exists’:
        > ui.c|1471 warning| will never be executed

        This requires an #else.

        --
        Looking at Perl through Lisp glasses, Perl looks atrocious.