Re: Patch 7.4a.010

  • James McCoy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12 6:22 PM
      On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 07:28:03AM -0400, James McCoy wrote:
      > On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 09:58:06PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > >
      > > Patch 7.4a.010
      > > Problem: Test 86 and 97 fail when building with Python or Python 3 and
      > > using a static library.
      > > Solution: Add configure check to add -fPIE compiler flag.
      > > Files: src/configure.in, src/auto/configure
      >
      > test86 is still failing for me, although not as bad as before, after
      > this patch. I get the below diff. The first hunk is because the test
      > isn't handling being run from a shadowdir. Not sure about the rest.

      It was all due, in various ways, to the use of a shadow build directory.
      Attached patch fixes the remaining issues I've seen with building in a
      shadow directory.

      Cheers,
      --
      James
      GPG Key: 4096R/331BA3DB 2011-12-05 James McCoy <jamessan@...>
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13 5:09 AM
        James McCoy wrote:

        > On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 07:28:03AM -0400, James McCoy wrote:
        > > On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 09:58:06PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Patch 7.4a.010
        > > > Problem: Test 86 and 97 fail when building with Python or Python 3 and
        > > > using a static library.
        > > > Solution: Add configure check to add -fPIE compiler flag.
        > > > Files: src/configure.in, src/auto/configure
        > >
        > > test86 is still failing for me, although not as bad as before, after
        > > this patch. I get the below diff. The first hunk is because the test
        > > isn't handling being run from a shadowdir. Not sure about the rest.
        >
        > It was all due, in various ways, to the use of a shadow build directory.
        > Attached patch fixes the remaining issues I've seen with building in a
        > shadow directory.

        Thanks. It doesn't appear to change anything for when there is no
        shadowdir, thus it should be safe to include.

        --
        THEOREM: VI is perfect.
        PROOF: VI in roman numerals is 6. The natural numbers < 6 which divide 6 are