[patch] update todo.txt

  • Ken Takata
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 12, 2013
      Hi,

      I found that some items in the todo.txt are already fixed.
      Please check the attached patch.

      > Win32: default for 'backupcopy' is wrong for a symbolic link. (mklink one
      > two). (Benjamin Fritz, 2012 Mar 15)

      Fixed by 7.3.1182 and 7.3.1210.

      > Test 73 fails on MS-Windows when compiled with DJGPP and run twice. How to
      > delete the Xfind directory? Add an rmdir() function, just like we have
      > mkdir().

      Fixed by 7.3f?
      (Mercurial changeset 3d8a4a148c76)

      > Win32 GUI: Changing manifest helps for dpi changes (Joe Castro, 2009 Mar 27)

      Fixed by 7.2.205?

      > Win32: bold font doesn't work when 'guifontwide' has been set. (Yue Wu, 2010
      > Aug 23)

      Fixed by 7.3.1220.

      > Win32: echo doesn't work for gvim.exe.mnf. Use inline file. Patch by Mathias
      > Michaelis. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vimdev/message/43765
      > Patch that includes this and does more by George Reilly, 2007 Feb 12

      gvim.exe.mnf is included in the repository now, not created by Make_mvc.mak.

      > Win32: Is it possible to have both postscript and Win32 printing?
      > Does multi-byte printing with ":hardcopy" work? Add remark in documentation
      > about this.

      Multi-byte printing works after 7.3.1211, I think.
      The latter two lines can be removed.

      Regards,
      Ken Takata

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 13, 2013
        Ken Takata wrote:

        > I found that some items in the todo.txt are already fixed.
        > Please check the attached patch.

        Thanks, I'll remove them.

        > > Test 73 fails on MS-Windows when compiled with DJGPP and run twice. How to
        > > delete the Xfind directory? Add an rmdir() function, just like we have
        > > mkdir().
        >
        > Fixed by 7.3f?
        > (Mercurial changeset 3d8a4a148c76)

        I can no longer run DJGPP, since I run Windows 7. It requires Windows
        XP or older. Is anyone still using DJGPP? We might just make it
        obsolete.

        --
        ARTHUR: Old woman!
        DENNIS: Man!

      • Christian Brabandt
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 13, 2013
          Some more updates:

          ,----
          | Bug: findfile("any", "http://;") returns http://any. (Andrew Pimlott, 2013 May
          | 7) Not sure if that can be fixed, but when using "file://" it should be
          | possible to check if the file exists.
          `----

          Should be fixed with 7.3.1297 (at least the first part).

          ,----
          | Issue 48: foldopen error can't be caught by try/catch
          `----

          Fixed with 7.3.637

          ,----
          | Using "p" in Visual mode while specifying the small delete register "-
          | overwrites the register before it is put. (Marcin Szamotulski, 2012 Nov 23)
          `----

          Fixed with 7.3.761

          ,----
          | In GTK Gvim, setting 'lines' and 'columns' to 99999 causes a crash (Tony
          | Mechelynck, 2011 Apr 25). Can reproduce the crash sometimes:
          | gvim -N -u NONE --cmd 'set lines=99999 columns=99999'
          | (gvim:25968): Gdk-WARNING **: Native Windows wider or taller than 65535 pixels are not supported
          | The program 'gvim' received an X Window System error.
          | This probably reflects a bug in the program.
          | The error was 'RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter)'.
          | (Details: serial 313 error_code 161 request_code 149 minor_code 8)
          | (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
          | that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
          | To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
          | option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
          | backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
          | Check that number of pixels doesn't go above 65535?
          `----

          Should be fixed with 7.3.1278

          This one is there twice:
          ,----
          `----

          ,----
          `----

          ,----
          `----

          Invalid after last discussion: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/vim_dev/l8uTRc43ETI/H6KN6YopFhMJ

          ,----
          | Copy/paste between Vim and Google chrome doesn't work well for multi-byte
          | characters. (Ben Haskell, 2010 Sep 17)
          | When putting text in the cut buffer (when exiting) and conversion doesn't work
          | properly, Prepend "ENC==={value of 'enc'}:" to the text and don't convert?
          | Then it should at least work from Vim to Vim and in other applications it's
          | clear why it doesn't work.
          | Experimental patch by Christian Brabandt, 2012 Apr 19.
          `----

          I think this was partly included as 7.3.852

          ,----
          | Echo starts in the wrong column:
          | while 1 | let s = input('A') | echo 'R' | endw
          | (Boyko Bantchev, 2010 Aug 9)
          `----

          Fixed with 7.3.282

          regards,
          Christian
          --
          Das große Recht, nicht etwa nur in seinen Privatangelegenheiten
          - denn das weiß ein jeder -, sondern auch in öffentlichen verständig,

        • Dominique Pellé
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 13, 2013
            Christian Brabandt wrote:

            > Some more updates:
            > ...snip...

            One more update to the todo list:

            ,----
            |8 Completing ":r ~br" should find matching user names.
            `----

            User completion was added in 7.3.631.

            Dominique

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 14, 2013
              Dominique Pelle wrote:

              > Christian Brabandt wrote:
              >
              > > Some more updates:
              > > ...snip...
              >

              > One more update to the todo list:
              >
              > ,----
              > |8 Completing ":r ~br" should find matching user names.
              > `----
              >
              > User completion was added in 7.3.631.

              Thanks!

              --
              ARTHUR: Be quiet! I order you to shut up.
              OLD WOMAN: Order, eh -- who does he think he is?

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 14, 2013
                Christian Brabandt wrote:

                > Some more updates:

                Thanks. I'll delete them. if something is still not fixed I expect it
                to be reported again.

                --
                "The future's already arrived - it's just not evenly distributed yet."
                -- William Gibson