Re: Patch 7.4a.010

  • James McCoy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2013
      On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 09:58:06PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Patch 7.4a.010
      > Problem: Test 86 and 97 fail when building with Python or Python 3 and
      > using a static library.
      > Solution: Add configure check to add -fPIE compiler flag.
      > Files: src/configure.in, src/auto/configure

      test86 is still failing for me, although not as bad as before, after
      this patch. I get the below diff. The first hunk is because the test
      isn't handling being run from a shadowdir. Not sure about the rest.

      # Check if the test.out file matches test.ok.
      437c437
      < vim-nox
      ---
      > src
      500c500
      < import failing:ImportError:('No module named failing',)
      ---
      > import failing:NotImplementedError:()
      1185a1186,1191

      --
      James
      GPG Key: 4096R/331BA3DB 2011-12-05 James McCoy <jamessan@...>
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2013
        On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 07:28:03AM -0400, James McCoy wrote:
        > On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 09:58:06PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > >
        > > Patch 7.4a.010
        > > Problem: Test 86 and 97 fail when building with Python or Python 3 and
        > > using a static library.
        > > Solution: Add configure check to add -fPIE compiler flag.
        > > Files: src/configure.in, src/auto/configure
        >
        > test86 is still failing for me, although not as bad as before, after
        > this patch. I get the below diff. The first hunk is because the test
        > isn't handling being run from a shadowdir. Not sure about the rest.

        It was all due, in various ways, to the use of a shadow build directory.
        Attached patch fixes the remaining issues I've seen with building in a
        shadow directory.

        Cheers,
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2013
          James McCoy wrote:

          > On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 07:28:03AM -0400, James McCoy wrote:
          > > On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 09:58:06PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Patch 7.4a.010
          > > > Problem: Test 86 and 97 fail when building with Python or Python 3 and
          > > > using a static library.
          > > > Solution: Add configure check to add -fPIE compiler flag.
          > > > Files: src/configure.in, src/auto/configure
          > >
          > > test86 is still failing for me, although not as bad as before, after
          > > this patch. I get the below diff. The first hunk is because the test
          > > isn't handling being run from a shadowdir. Not sure about the rest.
          >
          > It was all due, in various ways, to the use of a shadow build directory.
          > Attached patch fixes the remaining issues I've seen with building in a
          > shadow directory.

          Thanks. It doesn't appear to change anything for when there is no
          shadowdir, thus it should be safe to include.

          --
          THEOREM: VI is perfect.
          PROOF: VI in roman numerals is 6. The natural numbers < 6 which divide 6 are