[patch] use correct python3 config directory when sys.abiflags is empty

  • Tim Harder
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2013
      Hi,

      I've attached a patch to fix an issue where the wrong python3 config
      directory is used when a system's sys.abiflags are empty.

      Thanks,
      Tim

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 10, 2013
        Tim Harder wrote:

        > I've attached a patch to fix an issue where the wrong python3 config
        > directory is used when a system's sys.abiflags are empty.

        Hmm, but when adding vi_cv_var_python3_abiflags when it's not empty,
        might as well do:

        config_dir="config-${vi_cv_var_python3_version}${vi_cv_var_python3_abiflags}"

        Anything against that?

        --
        The most powerful force in the universe is gossip.

      • Tim Harder
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 10, 2013
          On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:

          Tim Harder wrote:

          > I've attached a patch to fix an issue where the wrong python3 config
          > directory is used when a system's sys.abiflags are empty.

          Hmm, but when adding vi_cv_var_python3_abiflags when it's not empty,
          might as well do:

          config_dir="config-${vi_cv_var_python3_version}${vi_cv_var_python3_abiflags}"

          Anything against that?

          That should work fine. I was somewhat puzzled why the conditional was used anyway.

          Tim

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 11, 2013
            Tim Harder wrote:

            > > > I've attached a patch to fix an issue where the wrong python3 config
            > > > directory is used when a system's sys.abiflags are empty.
            > >
            > > Hmm, but when adding vi_cv_var_python3_abiflags when it's not empty,
            > > might as well do:
            > >

            > > config_dir="config-${vi_cv_var_python3_version}${vi_cv_var_python3_abiflags}"
            > >
            > > Anything against that?
            >

            > That should work fine. I was somewhat puzzled why the conditional was used
            > anyway.

            I can only imagine a check for vi_cv_var_python3_version, when it's
            empty the dash should not be added. But apparently it's never empty.

            --
            We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for
            sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.