Re: Patch 7.4a.006

  • Taro MURAOKA
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013
      After this patch, build was failed like this

      Check this for details: https://travis-ci.org/vim-jp/vim-ci/jobs/8886799

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013
        Taro Muraoka wrote:

        > After this patch, build was failed like this
        >
        > > Mismatching error/warning code in line 3006
        > > make[2]: *** [nl.ck] Error 1
        > > make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/travis/build/vim-jp/vim-ci/vim/src/po'
        > > make[1]: *** [test] Error 2
        >

        > Check this for details: https://travis-ci.org/vim-jp/vim-ci/jobs/8886799

        Which is correct, the nl.po file contains errors. I pushed the
        corrected version to Mercurial.

        The error went unnoticed for a long time, since "make" just continued
        after reporting the error.

        --
        TERRY GILLIAM PLAYED: PATSY (ARTHUR'S TRUSTY STEED), THE GREEN KNIGHT
        SOOTHSAYER, BRIDGEKEEPER, SIR GAWAIN (THE FIRST TO BE

      • MURAOKA Taro
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013
          Thank you for describing. Now I understand what had happended.

          2013/7/10 Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...>:

          > Taro Muraoka wrote:
          >
          >> After this patch, build was failed like this
          >>
          >> > Mismatching error/warning code in line 3006
          >> > make[2]: *** [nl.ck] Error 1
          >> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/travis/build/vim-jp/vim-ci/vim/src/po'
          >> > make[1]: *** [test] Error 2
          >>

          >> Check this for details: https://travis-ci.org/vim-jp/vim-ci/jobs/8886799
          >
          > Which is correct, the nl.po file contains errors. I pushed the
          > corrected version to Mercurial.
          >
          > The error went unnoticed for a long time, since "make" just continued
          > after reporting the error.
          >
          > --
          > TERRY GILLIAM PLAYED: PATSY (ARTHUR'S TRUSTY STEED), THE GREEN KNIGHT
          > SOOTHSAYER, BRIDGEKEEPER, SIR GAWAIN (THE FIRST TO BE
          > KILLED BY THE RABBIT)
          > "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY) PICTURES LTD

          MURAOKA Taro <koron.kaoriya@...>

        • Yasuhiro MATSUMOTO
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013
            How about sending e-mail contains compile error to vim-dev from travis-ci?

            > Taro Muraoka wrote:
            >
            >> After this patch, build was failed like this
            >>
            >> > Mismatching error/warning code in line 3006
            >> > make[2]: *** [nl.ck] Error 1
            >> > make[2]: Leaving directory
            >> > `/home/travis/build/vim-jp/vim-ci/vim/src/po'
            >> > make[1]: *** [test] Error 2
            >>

            >> Check this for details: https://travis-ci.org/vim-jp/vim-ci/jobs/8886799
            >
            > Which is correct, the nl.po file contains errors. I pushed the
            > corrected version to Mercurial.
            >
            > The error went unnoticed for a long time, since "make" just continued
            > after reporting the error.
            >
            > --
            > TERRY GILLIAM PLAYED: PATSY (ARTHUR'S TRUSTY STEED), THE GREEN KNIGHT
            > SOOTHSAYER, BRIDGEKEEPER, SIR GAWAIN (THE FIRST TO BE
            > KILLED BY THE RABBIT)
            > "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY) PICTURES
            > LTD

            > /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/
            > \\\
            > \\\ an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org
            > ///
            >
            > --
            > --
            >
            > ---

            - Yasuhiro Matsumoto

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013
              Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

              > How about sending e-mail contains compile error to vim-dev from travis-ci?

              I rather have a human look at the message first to avoid false alarms.
              If it's a real problem it should be easy to forward to vim-dev.
              Unless you can automatically generate a patch to fix the problem :-).

              --
              Corn oil comes from corn and olive oil comes from olives, so where
              does baby oil come from?

            • James McCoy
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 10, 2013
                On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 02:58:37PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                > Patch 7.4a.006
                > Problem: Failure in po file check goes unnoticed.
                > Solution: Fail "make test" if the po file check fails.
                > Files: src/Makefile

                After this patch, "make test" with a shadowdir fails. Attached patch,
                fixes this.

                Cheers,
                --
                James
                GPG Key: 4096R/331BA3DB 2011-12-05 James McCoy <jamessan@...>
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 12, 2013
                  James McCoy wrote:

                  > On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 02:58:37PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Patch 7.4a.006
                  > > Problem: Failure in po file check goes unnoticed.
                  > > Solution: Fail "make test" if the po file check fails.
                  > > Files: src/Makefile
                  >
                  > After this patch, "make test" with a shadowdir fails. Attached patch,
                  > fixes this.

                  Thanks, I'll include it.

                  --
                  The problem with political jokes is that they get elected.