Patch 7.4a.006

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013
      Patch 7.4a.006
      Problem: Failure in po file check goes unnoticed.
      Solution: Fail "make test" if the po file check fails.
      Files: src/Makefile

      *** ../vim-7.4a.005/src/Makefile 2013-07-06 14:33:40.000000000 +0200
      --- src/Makefile 2013-07-09 14:54:43.000000000 +0200
      ***************
      *** 1850,1856 ****
      #
      test check:
      $(MAKE) -f Makefile $(VIMTARGET)
      ! -if test -n "$(MAKEMO)" -a -f $(PODIR)/Makefile; then \
      cd $(PODIR); $(MAKE) -f Makefile check VIM=../$(VIMTARGET); \
      fi
      -if test $(VIMTARGET) != vim -a ! -r vim; then \
      --- 1850,1856 ----
      #
      test check:
      $(MAKE) -f Makefile $(VIMTARGET)
      ! if test -n "$(MAKEMO)" -a -f $(PODIR)/Makefile; then \
      cd $(PODIR); $(MAKE) -f Makefile check VIM=../$(VIMTARGET); \
      fi
      -if test $(VIMTARGET) != vim -a ! -r vim; then \
      *** ../vim-7.4a.005/src/version.c 2013-07-09 13:44:40.000000000 +0200
      --- src/version.c 2013-07-09 14:56:07.000000000 +0200
      ***************
      *** 730,731 ****
      --- 730,733 ----
      { /* Add new patch number below this line */
      + /**/
      + 6,
      /**/

      --
      ARTHUR: If you do not open these doors, we will take this castle by force ...
      [A bucket of slops land on ARTHUR. He tries to retain his dignity.]

    • Taro MURAOKA
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013
        After this patch, build was failed like this

        Check this for details: https://travis-ci.org/vim-jp/vim-ci/jobs/8886799

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013
          Taro Muraoka wrote:

          > After this patch, build was failed like this
          >
          > > Mismatching error/warning code in line 3006
          > > make[2]: *** [nl.ck] Error 1
          > > make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/travis/build/vim-jp/vim-ci/vim/src/po'
          > > make[1]: *** [test] Error 2
          >

          > Check this for details: https://travis-ci.org/vim-jp/vim-ci/jobs/8886799

          Which is correct, the nl.po file contains errors. I pushed the
          corrected version to Mercurial.

          The error went unnoticed for a long time, since "make" just continued
          after reporting the error.

          --
          TERRY GILLIAM PLAYED: PATSY (ARTHUR'S TRUSTY STEED), THE GREEN KNIGHT
          SOOTHSAYER, BRIDGEKEEPER, SIR GAWAIN (THE FIRST TO BE

        • MURAOKA Taro
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013
            Thank you for describing. Now I understand what had happended.

            2013/7/10 Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...>:

            > Taro Muraoka wrote:
            >
            >> After this patch, build was failed like this
            >>
            >> > Mismatching error/warning code in line 3006
            >> > make[2]: *** [nl.ck] Error 1
            >> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/travis/build/vim-jp/vim-ci/vim/src/po'
            >> > make[1]: *** [test] Error 2
            >>

            >> Check this for details: https://travis-ci.org/vim-jp/vim-ci/jobs/8886799
            >
            > Which is correct, the nl.po file contains errors. I pushed the
            > corrected version to Mercurial.
            >
            > The error went unnoticed for a long time, since "make" just continued
            > after reporting the error.
            >
            > --
            > TERRY GILLIAM PLAYED: PATSY (ARTHUR'S TRUSTY STEED), THE GREEN KNIGHT
            > SOOTHSAYER, BRIDGEKEEPER, SIR GAWAIN (THE FIRST TO BE
            > KILLED BY THE RABBIT)
            > "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY) PICTURES LTD

            MURAOKA Taro <koron.kaoriya@...>

          • Yasuhiro MATSUMOTO
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013
              How about sending e-mail contains compile error to vim-dev from travis-ci?

              > Taro Muraoka wrote:
              >
              >> After this patch, build was failed like this
              >>
              >> > Mismatching error/warning code in line 3006
              >> > make[2]: *** [nl.ck] Error 1
              >> > make[2]: Leaving directory
              >> > `/home/travis/build/vim-jp/vim-ci/vim/src/po'
              >> > make[1]: *** [test] Error 2
              >>

              >> Check this for details: https://travis-ci.org/vim-jp/vim-ci/jobs/8886799
              >
              > Which is correct, the nl.po file contains errors. I pushed the
              > corrected version to Mercurial.
              >
              > The error went unnoticed for a long time, since "make" just continued
              > after reporting the error.
              >
              > --
              > TERRY GILLIAM PLAYED: PATSY (ARTHUR'S TRUSTY STEED), THE GREEN KNIGHT
              > SOOTHSAYER, BRIDGEKEEPER, SIR GAWAIN (THE FIRST TO BE
              > KILLED BY THE RABBIT)
              > "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY) PICTURES
              > LTD

              > /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/
              > \\\
              > \\\ an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org
              > ///
              >
              > --
              > --
              >
              > ---

              - Yasuhiro Matsumoto

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013
                Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

                > How about sending e-mail contains compile error to vim-dev from travis-ci?

                I rather have a human look at the message first to avoid false alarms.
                If it's a real problem it should be easy to forward to vim-dev.
                Unless you can automatically generate a patch to fix the problem :-).

                --
                Corn oil comes from corn and olive oil comes from olives, so where
                does baby oil come from?

              • James McCoy
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 10, 2013
                  On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 02:58:37PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                  > Patch 7.4a.006
                  > Problem: Failure in po file check goes unnoticed.
                  > Solution: Fail "make test" if the po file check fails.
                  > Files: src/Makefile

                  After this patch, "make test" with a shadowdir fails. Attached patch,
                  fixes this.

                  Cheers,
                  --
                  James
                  GPG Key: 4096R/331BA3DB 2011-12-05 James McCoy <jamessan@...>
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 12, 2013
                    James McCoy wrote:

                    > On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 02:58:37PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Patch 7.4a.006
                    > > Problem: Failure in po file check goes unnoticed.
                    > > Solution: Fail "make test" if the po file check fails.
                    > > Files: src/Makefile
                    >
                    > After this patch, "make test" with a shadowdir fails. Attached patch,
                    > fixes this.

                    Thanks, I'll include it.

                    --
                    The problem with political jokes is that they get elected.