Re: [patch] 'scrollbind' causes unexpected scroll of one of the windows

  • Lech Lorens
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2013
      On 30-Jun-2013 Lech Lorens <lech.lorens@...> wrote:
      > On 30-Jun-2013 Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
      > > The fix seems OK. But the test already passes without it.
      >
      > Yes, this is what I tried to explain above but somehow didn't make it
      > clear ;-)
      >
      > > Also, the test changes the window height, which is nasty.
      >
      > Yeah, since the test doesn't work anyway, I didn't bother to make it
      > "prettier" here.
      >
      > > Perhaps you can make it work by forcing a redraw?
      >
      > I did try. I'll try using a debugger to find out why it doesn't work.
      > Perhaps then I can find out how to make it work.

      I did use a debugger to find out that using normal-mode commands
      triggers a different kind of redraw than using command-mode commands
      (i.e. :source! causes different behaviour than :source).
      I worked the problem around by introducing a helper file which is
      sourced by the test. Perhaps this approach is acceptable.

      The attached patch includes a fix and a test which fails before applying
      the fix and succeeds afterwards.

      --
      Cheers,
      Lech

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9, 2013
        Lech Lorens wrote:

        > On 30-Jun-2013 Lech Lorens <lech.lorens@...> wrote:
        > > On 30-Jun-2013 Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
        > > > The fix seems OK. But the test already passes without it.
        > >
        > > Yes, this is what I tried to explain above but somehow didn't make it
        > > clear ;-)
        > >
        > > > Also, the test changes the window height, which is nasty.
        > >
        > > Yeah, since the test doesn't work anyway, I didn't bother to make it
        > > "prettier" here.
        > >
        > > > Perhaps you can make it work by forcing a redraw?
        > >
        > > I did try. I'll try using a debugger to find out why it doesn't work.
        > > Perhaps then I can find out how to make it work.
        >
        > I did use a debugger to find out that using normal-mode commands
        > triggers a different kind of redraw than using command-mode commands
        > (i.e. :source! causes different behaviour than :source).
        > I worked the problem around by introducing a helper file which is
        > sourced by the test. Perhaps this approach is acceptable.
        >
        > The attached patch includes a fix and a test which fails before applying
        > the fix and succeeds afterwards.

        Thanks. I verified the test fails without the patch.

        --
        If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
        If you only have MS-Windows, you tend to solve every problem by rebooting.