Re: vim stops

  • Manuel Ortega
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2013

      1. command /usr/local/bin/vim -nNX -u NONE

      Bram,

      I looked at this and didn't remember offhand what the '-X' flag did.  No wonder: 'vim --help' has no entry for that flag.  But ':h startup-options' *does* say what the flag does.  Please update the output of 'vim --help'.

      I shall now hunt for other discrepancies between 'vim --help' and ':h startup-options'.

      -Manny

    • tooth pik
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8, 2013
        On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 02:41:11PM +0100, Dimitar DIMITROV wrote:
        > No, I didn't right ZZ but zzzzzz. It's different :)

        and what about "then simultaneously press shift"? or maybe you have a
        keyboard that produces other than Z for SHIFT-z?

        and please don't top-post

        --
        _|_ _ __|_|_ ._ o|
        |_(_)(_)|_| ||_)||<

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 8, 2013
          Manuel Ortega wrote:

          > > 1. command /usr/local/bin/vim -nNX -u NONE
          >
          > Bram,
          >
          > I looked at this and didn't remember offhand what the '-X' flag did. No
          > wonder: 'vim --help' has no entry for that flag. But ':h startup-options'
          > *does* say what the flag does. Please update the output of 'vim --help'.
          >
          > I shall now hunt for other discrepancies between 'vim --help' and ':h
          > startup-options'.

          % vim --help | grep X
          -X Do not connect to X server

          Perhaps your Vim was not compiled with X11 support?

          --
          Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely
          locked.

        • Charles Campbell
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 8, 2013
            Manuel Ortega wrote:

            > 1. command /usr/local/bin/vim -nNX -u NONE
            >

            > Bram,
            >
            > I looked at this and didn't remember offhand what the '-X' flag did.
            > No wonder: 'vim --help' has no entry for that flag. But ':h
            > startup-options' *does* say what the flag does. Please update the
            > output of 'vim --help'.
            >
            > I shall now hunt for other discrepancies between 'vim --help' and ':h
            > startup-options'.

            I think you wanted a new topic; irregardless, you appeared to have
            "Replied" to an unrelated topic ("Re: vim stops). A better approach
            with Seamonkey, for example, is (typically) to right click on the "To"
            field and then to "compose mail to". Avoids losing your new topic in an
            unrelated thread. You should investigate to find out what works best
            with your email agent.

            Regards,
            Chip Campbell