paredit.vim

  • Zulox4
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2013
      Hello,

      Could you add paredit : http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3998 to the vim plugin runtime files ?

      Thanks !

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6, 2013
        Zulox4 wrote:

        > Could you add paredit :
        > http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3998 to the vim plugin
        > runtime files ?

        It doesn't appear to support a certain filetype.

        --
        BRIDGEKEEPER: What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
        ARTHUR: What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

      • Zulox4
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 6, 2013
          On Saturday, July 6, 2013 6:18:45 PM UTC+2, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > Zulox4 wrote:
          >

          > > Could you add paredit :
          >
          > > http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3998 to the vim plugin
          >
          > > runtime files ?
          >

          > It doesn't appear to support a certain filetype.
          >

          > --
          >
          > BRIDGEKEEPER: What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
          >
          > ARTHUR: What do you mean? An African or European swallow?
          >
          > BRIDGEKEEPER: Er ... I don't know that ... Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh!
          >
          > BRIDGEKEEPER is cast into the gorge.
          >
          > "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY) PICTURES LTD
          >

          > /// Bram Moolenaar -- -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\

          Yes, but it could be changed, the paredit.vim file is placed in the public domain.
          The idea is to decrease by 2 the number of keystrokes for parentheses, square and curly braces, and quotes.

          From the paredit doc file:
          "...
          Paredit mode is a special editing mode that keeps all matched characters
          (parentheses, square and curly braces, double quotes) balanced, i.e. all opening
          characters have a matching closing character. Most text entering and erasing
          commands try to maintain the balanced state, so no single matched character is
          added or deleted, they are entered or removed in pairs.
          The function takes care of strings and comments, so no parenthesis and square
          bracket balancing is performed inside a string or comment
          ..."

        • glts
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 6, 2013
            On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Zulox4 <zulolox4vios@...> wrote:
            > Could you add paredit : http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3998 to the vim plugin runtime files ?

            It would seem arbitrary to include this, especially since there are
            equally viable alternatives such as vim-sexp.
            https://github.com/guns/vim-sexp

          • Zulox4
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 6, 2013
              On Saturday, July 6, 2013 7:15:13 PM UTC+2, glts wrote:

              > > Could you add paredit : http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3998 to the vim plugin runtime files ?
              >

              > It would seem arbitrary to include this, especially since there are
              >
              > equally viable alternatives such as vim-sexp.
              >
              > https://github.com/guns/vim-sexp

              Yes, it is viable alternative, but now the question what is better, must be tested !

            • Ben Fritz
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 8, 2013
                On Saturday, July 6, 2013 6:58:56 AM UTC-5, Zulox4 wrote:
                > Hello,
                >
                > Could you add paredit : http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3998 to the vim plugin runtime files ?
                >
                > Thanks !

                Does that belong at the list here?

                http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Automatically_append_closing_characters#Plugins

                More importantly to me, does it break undo/redo/repeat?

                I don't want a plugin for parenthesis insertion that doesn't let me repeat typing text. Undo/redo is nice too, but I'm not sure whether that's even still possible.

              • lith
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 9, 2013
                  > Could you add paredit : http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3998 to the vim plugin runtime files ?

                  I'd rather vote for adding an official package manager and leave it to the users to decide whether they want to add this plugin.