Patch for Win 64bit warnings

  • Mike Williams
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 4, 2013
      Hi,

      Yet more casts to cope with results of STRLEN being assigned to a
      smaller int. Enjoy.

      TTFN

      Mike
      --
      You can't run with the big dogs, if you pee like a puppy.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4, 2013
        Mike Williams wrote:

        > Yet more casts to cope with results of STRLEN being assigned to a
        > smaller int. Enjoy.

        The diff is messed up. It says UTF-16 but that doesn't work...

        --
        Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

      • Mike Williams
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2013
          On 04/07/2013 19:51, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > Mike Williams wrote:
          >
          >> Yet more casts to cope with results of STRLEN being assigned to a
          >> smaller int. Enjoy.
          >
          > The diff is messed up. It says UTF-16 but that doesn't work...

          Many apologies. I recently switched to PowerShell from cmd.exe and
          didn't realise that hg diff > file will generate a UTF16-LE file. There
          is some more discussion on the issue (for those still interested) here
          (it is the second half of the posting):

          http://nbevans.wordpress.com/tag/powershell/

          TTFN

          Mike
          --
          Great minds discuss ideas; Small ones, people.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5, 2013
            Mike Williams wrote:

            > >> Yet more casts to cope with results of STRLEN being assigned to a
            > >> smaller int. Enjoy.
            > >
            > > The diff is messed up. It says UTF-16 but that doesn't work...
            >
            > Many apologies. I recently switched to PowerShell from cmd.exe and
            > didn't realise that hg diff > file will generate a UTF16-LE file. There
            > is some more discussion on the issue (for those still interested) here
            > (it is the second half of the posting):
            >
            > http://nbevans.wordpress.com/tag/powershell/

            Vim can edit a utf-16 file, but it showed up garbled. As if a few bytes
            were missing.

            --
            Arthur pulls Pin out. The MONK blesses the grenade as ...
            ARTHUR: (quietly) One, two, five ...

          • Mike Williams
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 6, 2013
              On 05/07/2013 19:01, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

              >>> The diff is messed up. It says UTF-16 but that doesn't work...
              >>
              >> Many apologies. I recently switched to PowerShell from cmd.exe and
              >> didn't realise that hg diff > file will generate a UTF16-LE file. There
              >> is some more discussion on the issue (for those still interested) here
              >> (it is the second half of the posting):
              >>
              >> http://nbevans.wordpress.com/tag/powershell/
              >
              > Vim can edit a utf-16 file, but it showed up garbled. As if a few bytes
              > were missing.

              "showed up garbled" is not much of a bug report ;-) AFAICT the patch in
              UTF16-LE format came through ok, at least VIM shows it as I would expect
              it to be - see attached. FWIW the diff from the posting on google
              groups is in UTF-8. Both have a BOM - is the source of your garbling?

              Mike
              --
              Speak softly, and weigh in at a hundred tons.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 6, 2013
                Mike Williams wrote:

                > >> Many apologies. I recently switched to PowerShell from cmd.exe and
                > >> didn't realise that hg diff > file will generate a UTF16-LE file. There
                > >> is some more discussion on the issue (for those still interested) here
                > >> (it is the second half of the posting):
                > >>
                > >> http://nbevans.wordpress.com/tag/powershell/
                > >
                > > Vim can edit a utf-16 file, but it showed up garbled. As if a few bytes
                > > were missing.
                >
                > "showed up garbled" is not much of a bug report ;-) AFAICT the patch in
                > UTF16-LE format came through ok, at least VIM shows it as I would expect
                > it to be - see attached. FWIW the diff from the posting on google
                > groups is in UTF-8. Both have a BOM - is the source of your garbling?

                Somehow unpacking the attachment must have failed.

                Sending a patch by .png file isn't very useful! What's next, writing it
                on a piece of paper and sending it by carrier pigeon? :-)

                Anyway, since I fired up my Windows machine and ran the vcvars64 command
                I managed to locate and fix the warnings myself. I'm not going to do
                that often though.

                --
                Sorry, no fortune today.

              • Christ van Willegen
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 6, 2013
                  On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
                  > Sending a patch by .png file isn't very useful! What's next, writing it
                  > on a piece of paper and sending it by carrier pigeon? :-)

                  Ow, come on! Just fire up an OCR program and proof-read the patch afterwards!!

                  And sending attachments by carrier pigeon is _only_ supported on April 1st.

                  Christ van Willegen
                  --
                  09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0